BoxSetProviderFromXml Errors

Dan64
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

I have installed the MB version 3.0.5070.20258

Looking to the server log I have found a hundres of errors related to BoxSetProviderFromXm, here some sample:

2013-11-23 16:16:20.3939, Error, ProviderManager, BoxSetProviderFromXml failed refreshing Asterix D:\MediaBrowser\Cartoons\Movies\Asterix
	Elemento radice mancante.
	System.Xml.XmlException
	   in System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
	   in System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
	   in System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
	   in System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent()
	   in MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.BaseItemXmlParser`1.Fetch(T item, String metadataFile, XmlReaderSettings settings, Encoding encoding, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   in MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.BaseItemXmlParser`1.Fetch(T item, String metadataFile, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   in MediaBrowser.Providers.Movies.BoxSetProviderFromXml.<Fetch>d__0.MoveNext()
	--- Fine traccia dello stack da posizione precedente dove è stata generata l'eccezione ---
	   in System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
	   in System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   in System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
	   in MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Providers.ProviderManager.<FetchAsync>d__e.MoveNext()

2013-11-23 16:16:20.3939, Error, ProviderManager, BoxSetProviderFromXml failed refreshing Winnie the Pooh D:\MediaBrowser\Cartoons\Movies\Winnie the Pooh
	Elemento radice mancante.
	System.Xml.XmlException
	   in System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
	   in System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
	   in System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
	   in System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent()
	   in MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.BaseItemXmlParser`1.Fetch(T item, String metadataFile, XmlReaderSettings settings, Encoding encoding, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   in MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.BaseItemXmlParser`1.Fetch(T item, String metadataFile, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   in MediaBrowser.Providers.Movies.BoxSetProviderFromXml.<Fetch>d__0.MoveNext()
	--- Fine traccia dello stack da posizione precedente dove è stata generata l'eccezione ---
	   in System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
	   in System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   in System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
	   in MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Providers.ProviderManager.<FetchAsync>d__e.MoveNext()

The problem is related to the fact that I have a nested folder hierarchy and some folder is interpreted as a Boxset even if not (the name that I have used aren't commercial boxset). To avoid to have this error logged I have locked all these folder (I have unchecked the option to retrieve the metadata from internet providers) but in any case the server compliant regarding these folders. There is a way to stop MB3 server to catch these errors ?

yea make sure the files have valid xml

But in these directories there is only the file "collection.xml" that is empty and is added by MCM, I have to remove this file ?

• Solution

I told Pete about it and he said he'd fix it. Not sure if that's happened yet. You can remove them or just wait for him. The errors are handled so it's not causing any issues for you.

• Like 1