Metadata Manager Issues

blade005

blade005

Isn't the content type all wrong?

examples from log in post #3

{"Name":"\\\\DIGITAL-SRV1\\my Movies - Folder 020 (Movie Mini-Series)\\Broken Trail (2006) - (Mini-Series)","Value":"movies"}"},{"Name":"\\\\DIGITAL-SRV1\\my Movies - Folder 020 (Movie Mini-Series)\\Queen (1993) - (Mini-Series)","Value":"movies"}

{"Name":"\\\\DIGITAL-SRV1\\my DVDRip's - Archive 20\\The 10th Kingdom\\Season 0","Value":"tvshows"},{"Name":"\\\\DIGITAL-SRV1\\my DVDRip's - Archive 20\\The 10th Kingdom\\Season 1","Value":"tvshows"}

If they are wrong, then they have been for years now using Emby. Mini-Series are one that I had to change back when the whole mixed content structure blew up awhile back and I needed to separate out what were Movie Mini-Series structures and TV Mini-Series structures. 

And my issue is a library that becomes unresponsive intermittently.

Edited by blade005

blade005

it will only happen once. since you've removed live tv it is removing all the live tv entries from the database.

Luke,

I uninstalled the ServerWMC Live TV plugin last week. I have let the Refresh Guide task run as you suggested afterwards, but it was not a one time clean up activity. It continues to run at the startup of the server and throughout the day, even though there is no longer a task scheduled. I would like to say that I really don't care if it runs, but when it is running, which can take 5 to 15 minutes to complete, the Emby library is unresponsive. I can't access any items to play. How can I kill off this task permanently, since it impacts access to my library too many times during the day? 

Edited by blade005

Just to toss my two cents, @@Luke, this sounds similar to what I am experiencing... I'm running more tests and will post logs once I get something coherent put together. Just wanted to add that OP isn't the only one experiencing something like this.

For now, what I am seeing is that at some point I no longer see my media in the web UI.. Manually rescanning library brings it back.

I'll get logs and more observations ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blade005

Just to toss my two cents, @@Luke, this sounds similar to what I am experiencing... I'm running more tests and will post logs once I get something coherent put together. Just wanted to add that OP isn't the only one experiencing something like this.

For now, what I am seeing is that at some point I no longer see my media in the web UI.. Manually rescanning library brings it back.

I'll get logs and more observations ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here Jvtm.

All items in collections are no longer shown in pull down menu and any attempt to select an item gets you an empty details page. Wait long enough and it will become responsive, or re-scan library or re-start server. I thought Live TV and Latest Recordings was the culprit and uninstalled ServerWMC. It lessened how often it happened, but it still will hang and when I check the Dashboard now the Refresh Guide task is sitting there at 0%. If I wait for it to finish (10+ minutes), the library immediately becomes responsive again. If I stop the task (sometimes I have to wait 10 minutes for it to stop), then library immediately becomes responsive again. For now, I wish I could find a way to prevent the Refresh Guide task from running now that I have removed Live TV support.