28 replies to this topic

#21 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 142200 posts
  • Local time: 12:01 AM

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:17 PM

ok, so it's not really a metadata manager issue, it's just the entire server becoming unresponsive.

#22 blade005 OFFLINE  

blade005

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 725 posts
  • Local time: 11:01 PM

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:26 PM

ok, so it's not really a metadata manager issue, it's just the entire server becoming unresponsive.

Correct.

It can run fine for most of the day and then become unresponsive when I try to select an item from the Home Page of the WebUI.  There are times when it is running just fine, but I try to access an item in the Metadata Manager and I get the Loading spinning circle, but no Metadata Manager. Once that happens, the library is unresponsive as well.

From the Home Page of the WebUI, I know when it is having issues, because the MY MEDIA section won't populate and if I hover over an item in the LATEST MEDIA section, I will not get the action overlays that you should. (Play, Thumbs UP, Thumbs DOWN, etc.)

#23 Happy2Play OFFLINE  

Happy2Play

Trial and Error

• Moderators
  • 16557 posts
  • Local time: 09:01 PM
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:43 PM

@Luke

Just googling this error could it be the library structure?

2015-07-28 01:46:04.5671 Error - LibraryMonitor: Error in Directory watcher for: \\DIGITAL-SRV1\my DVDRip's - Archive 06

1. *** Error Report ***
  2. Version: 3.0.5675.1
  3. Command line: C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
  4. Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
  5. Processor count: 4
  6. 64-Bit OS: True
  7. 64-Bit Process: False
  8. Program data path: C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
  9. Application Path: C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
  10. The network BIOS command limit has been reached
  11. System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception
  12. No Stack Trace Available

The network BIOS command limit has been reached

Edited by Happy2Play, 28 July 2015 - 07:46 PM.

#24 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 142200 posts
  • Local time: 12:01 AM

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:32 PM

no, probably not. the OS file system monitor triggers events very rapidly and certain parts along the messaging chain start to get overloaded with more traffic than they were designed to handle. this error is one reason why the library should be setup with paths and not UNC, then use path substitution to create the UNC paths. there are still other problems that can happen, but not this particular one.

#25 Happy2Play OFFLINE  

Happy2Play

Trial and Error

• Moderators
  • 16557 posts
  • Local time: 09:01 PM
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:57 PM

Isn't the content type all wrong?

examples from log in post #3

{"Name":"\\\\DIGITAL-SRV1\\my Movies - Folder 020 (Movie Mini-Series)\\Broken Trail (2006) - (Mini-Series)","Value":"movies"}"},{"Name":"\\\\DIGITAL-SRV1\\my Movies - Folder 020 (Movie Mini-Series)\\Queen (1993) - (Mini-Series)","Value":"movies"}

{"Name":"\\\\DIGITAL-SRV1\\my DVDRip's - Archive 20\\The 10th Kingdom\\Season 0","Value":"tvshows"},{"Name":"\\\\DIGITAL-SRV1\\my DVDRip's - Archive 20\\The 10th Kingdom\\Season 1","Value":"tvshows"}

#26 blade005 OFFLINE  

blade005

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 725 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 09:17 PM

Isn't the content type all wrong?

examples from log in post #3

{"Name":"\\\\DIGITAL-SRV1\\my Movies - Folder 020 (Movie Mini-Series)\\Broken Trail (2006) - (Mini-Series)","Value":"movies"}"},{"Name":"\\\\DIGITAL-SRV1\\my Movies - Folder 020 (Movie Mini-Series)\\Queen (1993) - (Mini-Series)","Value":"movies"}

{"Name":"\\\\DIGITAL-SRV1\\my DVDRip's - Archive 20\\The 10th Kingdom\\Season 0","Value":"tvshows"},{"Name":"\\\\DIGITAL-SRV1\\my DVDRip's - Archive 20\\The 10th Kingdom\\Season 1","Value":"tvshows"}

If they are wrong, then they have been for years now using Emby. Mini-Series are one that I had to change back when the whole mixed content structure blew up awhile back and I needed to separate out what were Movie Mini-Series structures and TV Mini-Series structures. 

And my issue is a library that becomes unresponsive intermittently.

Edited by blade005, 28 July 2015 - 09:20 PM.

#27 blade005 OFFLINE  

blade005

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 725 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 10:13 PM

it will only happen once. since you've removed live tv it is removing all the live tv entries from the database.

Luke,

I uninstalled the ServerWMC Live TV plugin last week. I have let the Refresh Guide task run as you suggested afterwards, but it was not a one time clean up activity. It continues to run at the startup of the server and throughout the day, even though there is no longer a task scheduled. I would like to say that I really don't care if it runs, but when it is running, which can take 5 to 15 minutes to complete, the Emby library is unresponsive. I can't access any items to play. How can I kill off this task permanently, since it impacts access to my library too many times during the day? 

Edited by blade005, 01 August 2015 - 10:14 PM.

#28 Jvtm OFFLINE  

Jvtm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Local time: 02:01 AM

Posted 02 August 2015 - 12:24 AM

Just to toss my two cents, @Luke, this sounds similar to what I am experiencing... I'm running more tests and will post logs once I get something coherent put together. Just wanted to add that OP isn't the only one experiencing something like this.

For now, what I am seeing is that at some point I no longer see my media in the web UI.. Manually rescanning library brings it back.

I'll get logs and more observations ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#29 blade005 OFFLINE  

blade005

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 725 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 02:16 AM

Just to toss my two cents, @Luke, this sounds similar to what I am experiencing... I'm running more tests and will post logs once I get something coherent put together. Just wanted to add that OP isn't the only one experiencing something like this.

For now, what I am seeing is that at some point I no longer see my media in the web UI.. Manually rescanning library brings it back.

I'll get logs and more observations ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here Jvtm.

All items in collections are no longer shown in pull down menu and any attempt to select an item gets you an empty details page. Wait long enough and it will become responsive, or re-scan library or re-start server. I thought Live TV and Latest Recordings was the culprit and uninstalled ServerWMC. It lessened how often it happened, but it still will hang and when I check the Dashboard now the Refresh Guide task is sitting there at 0%. If I wait for it to finish (10+ minutes), the library immediately becomes responsive again. If I stop the task (sometimes I have to wait 10 minutes for it to stop), then library immediately becomes responsive again. For now, I wish I could find a way to prevent the Refresh Guide task from running now that I have removed Live TV support.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Metadata Manager

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users