Coming from Serviio..

Grichecth

Grichecth

Hi,

I've been using Serviio for years now but Emby looks great! With Serviio i'm used to not having to remotely sort my content. It's lumped into the folder with any type of file naming and it will be scraped and organized when viewing but doesn't actually alter the files. I thought setting my folder to Mixed would create that for me in Emby as well but it seems to not work. Am I missing something or does Emby not have that option?

Any questions I can answer to solve my issue please let me know!

Thanks

legallink

I'm a little confused by what you mean and what you want. Are you solely looking for a DLNA server? If I recall correctly, that is what Serviio is/was. If you want it scraped/organized when viewing (and by that I mean visualizing categories and grabbing metadata) the. You will need to follow the naming conventions/file structure indicated in the wiki. Setting it to "mixed" basically means that Emby won't determine if something is TV or movie, but you will still need some basic folder structure for you media.

So questions:

How is your media organized now? What do you want the application to actually do? What is your interface?