Better library scan stats

gardar

gardar

It would be good to have a better indicator or stats for the library scan.

On a big library the process indicator can be stuck at a certain percentage for a long time and I'm not sure if its stuck or not. I know I can look at the logs or run lsof on the library directory to see what the library scan is actually doing but it would be so much better if you could see it quickly in the web interface.

As of now, the percentage indicator is about as useful as the windows file copy dialog :P

estimation.png

Oh and on that note, a log viewer in the web interface would be nice!

Edited by gardar

Oh and on that note, a log viewer in the web interface would be nice!

As I found out just recently, there is one:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/23543-emby-server-log-viewer/

As for the progress indicator, I was always a fan of the "double progress bar" that many applications use for multi-step processes. One bar tracks the overall progress, the second tracks the progress of the currently running task.

gardar

As I found out just recently, there is one:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/23543-emby-server-log-viewer/

As for the progress indicator, I was always a fan of the "double progress bar" that many applications use for multi-step processes. One bar tracks the overall progress, the second tracks the progress of the currently running task.

Ah, there it is! Strange location

It could however be greatly improved, scrolling through a 30mb log file to see the latest events takes a while.

Maybe implement elasticsearch logstash like many projects are doing nowadays.

A double indicator would be great, or just a text that displays what's actually going on would be a huge improvement. (maybe something like the text/status in kodi when you update a kodi library)

Sent from my SM-N9002 using Tapatalk