System.Net.Httplistener

crazybbs

crazybbs

Hi,

i'm still having problem to start server without using manually right click execute as administrateur .

I got the error from System.Net.Httplistener when I close a normal execution MB server. I would like to play with the right on my computer but I dont know what this process involve inside windows?

Can anyone help me?

Thank you

crazybbs

This is why I asked you what this process involve , I already tried all the standard way , enable UAC and running from the account I installed it (anyway I only have one account) , but it's always the same thing I've a access denied problem on this process if I dont execute as adminitrator

Thank you,

EDIT: juste to be sure , I just reinstalled server from scracth , erased every cach and configuration, reinstalled by just clicking setup ( to be sure that I didn't use right click as administrator first time) and I still have the same problem , must be something the server rely on a windows process who I need to modify rights?

Edited by crazybbs

Hi Guys!

I am pretty new in the media browser community, and I have the same "System.Net.Httplistener" problem as some of the other guys here.

I installed the MB3 server (3.0.5076 / 20161) on my WIN Server 2012 Essentials (logged in as admin, UAC settings unchanged) and ran into exactly the same problems as discussed here.

• when I first installed it, it worked
  • when I restarted the MB3 server, it worked
  • when I restarted the computer, it failed
    • when I exit MB3 server I get the the error message
    • when I restart MB3 UAC is asking me twice, but it still doesn't work
  • the only way is to completely remove the installation and reinstall MB3 server.

I really like Media Browser I would glad to see a solution for this problem.

From the log directory I attached all the log files with the time stamp 18:22 (hope that this will help)

regards 

Andreas

server-63520999301.log

server-63521000545.log

unhandled_e45abd46-be3d-4a41-9e56-ee46c5cbcbbc.txt

crazybbs

I figured out a work around to get my server to start without right click as admin:

1. open 'task scheduler'
2. create new task
3. call it 'mediabrowser'
4. set to 'run only when user is logged on'
5. set 'run with highest privileges'
6. triggers - none
7. actions - start a program, "C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe" (double quotes)
8. settings - allow task to be run on demand
9. now, right click on desktop, create new > shortcut
10. target = C:\Windows\System32\schtasks.exe /run /tn mediabrowser
11. hit 'change icon button, then 'Browse'
12. point it to C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
13. set shortcut to start 'minimized'

Done! you have a nice shortcut you can just double click and it runs the GUI without any annoying UAC prompt but with the proper privileges .

Also you can add this shortcut to your Startup folder if you like:

1. hit Start > Run or type Win+R
2. type 'shell:startup'
3. place a copy of this shortcut into the folder

Done! and finally after severals month my server is starting automatically after reboot

• Like 2

There you go, nice job. 

I do really want to hunt this down, but given you're the only right now I just can't put too much time into it. The last person who had a similar issue I did a 1 hour teamviewer session with, and it turned out to be malware on his machine.

AlwinHummels

I figured out a work around to get my server to start without right click as admin:

1. open 'task scheduler'

2. create new task

3. call it 'mediabrowser'

4. set to 'run only when user is logged on'

5. set 'run with highest privileges'

6. triggers - none

7. actions - start a program, "C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe" (double quotes)

8. settings - allow task to be run on demand

9. now, right click on desktop, create new > shortcut

10. target = C:\Windows\System32\schtasks.exe /run /tn mediabrowser

11. hit 'change icon button, then 'Browse'

12. point it to C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe

13. set shortcut to start 'minimized'

Done! you have a nice shortcut you can just double click and it runs the GUI without any annoying UAC prompt but with the proper privileges .

Also you can add this shortcut to your Startup folder if you like:

1. hit Start > Run or type Win+R

2. type 'shell:startup'

3. place a copy of this shortcut into the folder

Done! and finally after severals month my server is starting automatically after reboot

Had the same problem, thanks for sharing this solution it works perfect :)