Problem playing content on Mac

river man

river man

I am very new to setting this up and was hoping to get some help.  I have installed OSMC on a RP1 2 with the Media Browser add-on.  I have also installed and setup Emby media server on my Mac.  It appears that I can see the files stored on my Mac from OSMC, but every time I try to play them I get the error message: "Playback Failed: One of more items failed to play.  Check the log for details."  I have checked the log, but do not understand the issue (I have attached the log- zipped due to size).  I do not understand path substitution syntax enough to know if I'm doing it right (have followed examples given), but none of my changes seem to work. One music path I have listed is:

/Users/Eric/Desktop/Music

Folder sharing is activated, my Mac is running 10.6.8 and seems to exceed requirements. I am also including a screen snapshot of the terminal after running sudo nano /etc/hosts- the installation instructions stated to add 127.0.0.1  COMPUTERNAME at the end of the table.  I put the name of my computer as it shows in the router, but I also notice that there is a system generated entry w/ the same address called "local host".  Could these conflict?  Could there be a router or path issue?

I would really appreciate any help I could get :)

Screen shot 2015-07-22 at 10.02.19 PM.pdf

server-63573120000 7 22.zip

river man

So if I was to do path substitution for :

/Users/Eric/Desktop/Music

would it be:  //computername/Users/Eric/Desktop/Music  

I have looked at all the threads in this forum abt path substitution and that's what they seem to indicate.  This is the format I have followed and it has not worked yet.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Detect languageAfrikaansAlbanianArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBengaliBosnianBulgarianCatalanCebuanoChichewaChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEsperantoEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekGujaratiHaitian CreoleHausaHebrewHindiHmongHungarianIcelandicIgboIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseJavaneseKannadaKazakhKhmerKoreanLaoLatinLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalagasyMalayMalayalamMalteseMaoriMarathiMongolianMyanmar (Burmese)NepaliNorwegianPersianPolishPortuguesePunjabiRomanianRussianSerbianSesothoSinhalaSlovakSlovenianSomaliSpanishSundaneseSwahiliSwedishTajikTamilTeluguThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduUzbekVietnameseWelshYiddishYorubaZulu

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBengaliBosnianBulgarianCatalanCebuanoChichewaChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEsperantoEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekGujaratiHaitian CreoleHausaHebrewHindiHmongHungarianIcelandicIgboIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseJavaneseKannadaKazakhKhmerKoreanLaoLatinLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalagasyMalayMalayalamMalteseMaoriMarathiMongolianMyanmar (Burmese)NepaliNorwegianPersianPolishPortuguesePunjabiRomanianRussianSerbianSesothoSinhalaSlovakSlovenianSomaliSpanishSundaneseSwahiliSwedishTajikTamilTeluguThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduUzbekVietnameseWelshYiddishYorubaZulu  

Text-to-speech function is limited to 100 characters