Client handling of recursive Album structures.

RedStripe

RedStripe

Server Version 3.0.5675.1
Browser Firefox 39.0

Zip files make traversing folder structure behave erratically.
Recursive albums (folders) does not appear to be supported.
For example:
Family->
........Immediate/
...................Summer Vacations/
...................................1990/
...................................1991/
........Cousin A/
........Grandma/

In Album mode (top level folder) contents are flatten for display (i.e. contents of all sub-folders are displayed along with contents of top-level folder).
Icon for sub-folders display name of parent folder. (This may go away if recursive album(folder) structure is handled differently than it is currently.
Poster/Backdrop option is not present in all Photo views (i.e., Top-level and most sub-folders).
In those views that do offer Poster/Backdrop option, selecting an option here changes that option in other Home videos views.

There appear to be many other anomalies (mainly traversing the metadata) either due to recursive albums not being supported or misunderstanding on my part.

Emby for Media Center appears to handle recursive albums as expected.

Edited by RedStripe

A recursive structure would be one that looped back on itself and that could, indeed, cause an issue.  However, I don't think that's what you mean.  Can you further explain exactly what you do mean...?

we do support that, but then the lowest folder containing the songs will become the album, not the top level folder. The only multi-folder album structure that is supported is 

\Album

\Disc 1

\Disc 2

RedStripe

This is about "Photos"! I refer to the folders structures as albums because that is how they are referred to on the Photo page:

55aff8ec70025_Capture.png