Beta 3.4.2

7illusions

Scott84Z28

And by not automatically log in, I don't mean at the emby connect login menu, but at the user profile select window (same as EMC). 

Also, the search box doesn't seem to be reachable via the keyboard either.  And is there a way to type a letter on the keyboard to jump to that section of a movie list?

techywarrior

App opens in fullscreen in win10

Sorry, I can't play with the beta builds much anymore :( but can that either be an option or even better, the app opens to the way it last was? If not, opening full screen always isn't that bad. Just that on my desktop I may not want it to always be full screen. On my tablet I most certainly do. (although I will probably have the tablet in tablet mode always anyways so it's a moot point for me)

Scott84Z28

Sorry, I can't play with the beta builds much anymore :( but can that either be an option or even better, the app opens to the way it last was? If not, opening full screen always isn't that bad. Just that on my desktop I may not want it to always be full screen. On my tablet I most certainly do. (although I will probably have the tablet in tablet mode always anyways so it's a moot point for me)

It defaults to full screen, but you can still put it back to windowed mode by clicking the arrows beside the minimize button.  When you open it next time it's full screen again.

techywarrior

It defaults to full screen, but you can still put it back to windowed mode by clicking the arrows beside the minimize button.  When you open it next time it's full screen again.

Not the end of the world but would have been nice if it respected how you last had it.

7illusions

New build, 231, is up.

Fixes this:

Not the end of the world but would have been nice if it respected how you last had it.

Also adds nextup episodes (50) to the playlist automatically when playing an episode

• Like 1

Xzener

The app remembers if it was windowed, but the starting full screen isn't working... I still have the arrow/minimize/maximize/close bar. I have replicated this numerous times, always opens with the bar.

Edit: Spoke to soon... It just opened full screen.

Edited by Xzener

Xzener

Next up popped up after a tv show.... Amazing! Not sure if this is a new feature or not, but its presenting. Strangely though, it seems to have rewinded, showing the last few minutes of the show?!?! The next episode did not start. Allowing the credits to laps to see what happens. No popup, and no next episode start. The progress bar has been at zero (0:00) this whole time. Now, this time, it rewinded a few seconds... It's flashing the next episode beginning I think... So strange, but I think it finally started the next episode. Yep, that did not work right.

Sorry for the play by play, but I was typing it as it happened.

@@7illusions Do you need logs?

I have duplicated the issue. This time though, I have a stuck loading icon... The playlist seems to just rewind the current video a couple times. Rewinding less and less each time until it has no room left to rewind. Does that make sense?

Edited by Xzener

7illusions

New build.

Fixes some minr bugs

Added a MessageBox when user tries to connect to localhost which displays a notification with link to the Tutorial.

UserPreferences should work now

Edited by 7illusions
  • Like 2

Xzener

The app remembers if it was windowed, but the starting full screen isn't working... I still have the arrow/minimize/maximize/close bar. I have replicated this numerous times, always opens with the bar.

Edit: Spoke to soon... It just opened full screen.

This has been consistent. Thanks for adding this feature 7illusions.

Vicpa

Hi All,

Like the new features !!. User preferences are working for me now. You have to close and re-open the app for them to take effect. Not a big deal, but maybe in the future they could update real time. In general that would be a feature request. As I always have the app open on my htpc. :) It would be cool if the app could monitor changes, new content etc in real time. (My crazy notification request) or if the current messaging api of the server could send new content notifications,  changes, live tv guide refreshes, Maybe you could put that on the wish list.

The only thing that isn't working for me is Music Video's and Picture. If I click on the choice from the main Hub nothing happens. See pic. I have music video's as a separate preference. (They don't show up when clicked on under the music hub either, but aren't supposed to)

55c0b08c207bc_mainhub.png

Does any one else have this problem?

Thanks 7illusions, the app keeps getting better and better!!!

-vicpa

• Like 2

FrostByte

I can't get Music Videos on the main hub.  Is that a alpha server release thing because I can't se it as an option in settings?  My photos work from the main hub and music videos works if I go to Music first.

Edited by FrostByte

swhitmore

Hey 7, I just installed the latest build and I have an issue where the menus are only loading up some of the time.

55c0be17ef17d_Screenshot41.png

Sequence: 106
Date/time: 2015-08-04T13:30:53.2785439+00:00
Level: ERROR
Thread: 17
Logger: RtLogger
------------------------
Request timeout to http://120.145.21.178:8096/mediabrowser/system/info/public?format=json
------------------------
System.TimeoutException: The operation has timed out.
   at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.PortableHttpWebRequestFactory.<>c__DisplayClass5.<GetResponseAsync>b__4()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
   at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.Net.HttpWebRequestClient.<GetResponse>d__1.MoveNext()
------------------------
Session: {"PackageArchitecture":"Neutral","PackageFullName":"436337Illusions.com.MediaBrowser_3.4.2.332_neutral__77hd5e1v1hqs4","PackagePublisher":"CN=CA9FBA89-9B8C-4501-9177-37B89E41D3FF","PackagePublisherId":"77hd5e1v1hqs4","PackageResourceId":"","PackageVersion":"3.4.2.332","InstallationId":"b905ebeb-4ed3-4496-bee8-b3dab518b166"}
Edited by swhitmore

Vicpa

Hi,

First.. My problematic mkv's are working just fine now Awesome 7 !!! :)

Couple playback glitches with TV Recordings. Scheduled a recording from the guide and worked great. Playback was a little challenged See below. 

55c1fe39603a2_Screenshot44.png

It shows up fine. If you click on All Movies the app crashes to the desktop. If you click on Last Patrol and then play. It launches live tv for that channel and not the recording.  The recording was on channel 149 and when the recording is played live tv is launched for channel 149.

Logs.

Log - 20150805.log

Log - ERROR - RtLogger - 20150805 120357 - 100.log

Log - FATAL - Application - 20150805 120357 - 103.log

Thanks,

Vicpa

7illusions

New build, .334 is up.

I intend to submit this to store, unless any showstoppers are found within the coming hours. :)

• Like 1

Vicpa

Hi,

A couple of things.

New

1) the "All" Movies and TV views are not refreshed correctly if you have some non grouped folders. If I click on my movies folder and then "al"l they show up. If I click on my Adult movies folder and then "All" I get the same list from the regular movies folder. Maybe some caching thing. TV does the same thing.

Previously Reported.

Live TV hub - Recordings.

clicking on recorded show launches Live TV for that channel

Clicking on All folder crashes to desktop.

flac doesn't play. Server transcodes flac to flac.

I guess it is just me. Clicking on music video's or photo's from the main hub doesn't do anything.

-vicpa

7illusions

Has the version info been added back into the app yet?

Well, it is now. :)

v335 is up.

• Like 1

7illusions

Hi,

A couple of things.

New

1) the "All" Movies and TV views are not refreshed correctly if you have some non grouped folders. If I click on my movies folder and then "al"l they show up. If I click on my Adult movies folder and then "All" I get the same list from the regular movies folder. Maybe some caching thing. TV does the same thing.

Previously Reported.

Live TV hub - Recordings.

clicking on recorded show launches Live TV for that channel

Clicking on All folder crashes to desktop.

flac doesn't play. Server transcodes flac to flac.

I guess it is just me. Clicking on music video's or photo's from the main hub doesn't do anything.

-vicpa

Most of it is fixed in v336 which is up now. (Not flac since it should directplay, no idea why that stopped working but sounds like a serverside thing. Also, recordings is still untouched)

• Like 1

Xzener

Next up popped up after a tv show.... Amazing! Not sure if this is a new feature or not, but its presenting. Strangely though, it seems to have rewinded, showing the last few minutes of the show?!?! The next episode did not start. Allowing the credits to laps to see what happens. No popup, and no next episode start. The progress bar has been at zero (0:00) this whole time. Now, this time, it rewinded a few seconds... It's flashing the next episode beginning I think... So strange, but I think it finally started the next episode. Yep, that did not work right.

Sorry for the play by play, but I was typing it as it happened.

@@7illusions Do you need logs?

I have duplicated the issue. This time though, I have a stuck loading icon... The playlist seems to just rewind the current video a couple times. Rewinding less and less each time until it has no room left to rewind. Does that make sense?

Fixed in v336

Nice job 7illusions... You did fix it right?

Vicpa

Hi,

caching looks good :) , photo's working, Music videos... well.. I have one showing up. Maybe the app doesn't like my folder structure, seemed to before. will check to see if that one is different. 

Thanks !!!! 7

Edited by Vicpa

Xzener

Your app isn't showing up as a client to control via remote. I'm using the current Dev build of Emby for Windows Phone.

Edit: Not showing up using the Android app either.

Edited by Xzener

Vicpa

Hi,

The structure I use for music video's follows the music album format. The web and the app before seem to work fine.

Here is a pic of folder structure.

55c51b2482a11_MusicVideo.png

The change in 336 showed on one video that was in a flatter folder structure. \\music video\artist\video.mp4. When I changed it to above \\music video\artist\song\video.mp4 it disappeared as well.

-vicpa

7illusions

Your app isn't showing up as a client to control via remote. I'm using the current Dev build of Emby for Windows Phone.

Edit: Not showing up using the Android app either.

Does it show in the webclient?