Beta 3.4.2

7illusions

7illusions

New Beta Period.

This will be a minor update, but still adding some nice features.

Latest build:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=315DEE41F7FEA2E7!143416&authkey=!AG7PCrxk5LykKgA&ithint=file%2czip

What's new?

Live TV improvements (more to come, just waiting for the HD Homerun to arrive)

Record options in live TV.

Increase from 50 to 100 items when shuffeling

Theme music support.

NotificationTray

Edited by 7illusions
  • Like 3

techywarrior

Can you fix my user profile image randomly getting a gray bottom? :)

(It's a 24bit PNG with transparency and randomly the bottom transparent part of the image turns gray. I know I posted images of it before  in one of the beta threads.

Vicpa

Hi 7,

Nice Job!!

The guide looks good! Will test some recordings.

Do I have to do anything to enable themes? They play for me on the web, so far not in the app.

Not sure what the notification tray is. Maybe I haven't gotten any notifications yet :)

-vicpa

7illusions

Sorry about that, I missed to actually get the themesongs from the server. ;)

Will post an update tomorrow, is in the middle of something atm..

Vicpa

Hi 7

Testing has been going well. The one weird thing I should mention. Been going on for a while (last public release and current beta) and server below.   not sure if a server thing or not. I have one device that the server see as almost two. (see explanation below) @@Luke can you help.

The dashboard see's the twice twice.

55b132402a285_Dashboard.png

Two devices are created.

55b1326dd01bd_dash2.png

However only one security token.????? Hence the description of almost two.

I have tried all the usual ways to get rid of the extra device deleting the devices security tokens, verifying the device.json has been deleted. No Luck. 

The only fallout is that I can't sync to that device. How can I fix this?

Thanks

-Vicpa

7illusions

Sorry for the delay folks.

A new build is finally up. :)

• Like 1

Vicpa

Hi 7

Themes are working nicely :)

I have a few guide things with MCE remote will collect them and report back.

Anything else we should check?

Looking good!!

Thanks

-vicpa

Vicpa

Hi,

Not sure how far along recording shows/series should be. Selected series record and the first one kicked off nicely. Here are the defaults.

55b60fc59010b_series.png

Not sure but I would have expected one of the "repeating options" (bad name btw) should be checked. Above is from the web.

Only thing else so far is under Recordings. If you click on any thing in the "All" column it crashed to desktop. Click on Latest works as expected.

Thanks

-vicpa

Note my testing is with "emby tv" hopefully someone using another back end can chime in.

Xzener

7illusions,

Please make the play/resume more obvious of what is being selected... I can never tell using a remote, and always choose the wrong one.

Thanks

Edited by Xzener

Xzener

Is there a way to always launch the app full screen in Windows 10?? I always have the bar across the top with minimize/maximize/close buttons... Choosing the diagonal arrow it goes full screen. Why is this default every time I open the app??

Xzener

Do you think this could be implemented into your app 7illusions?? Ebr has done so for Android TV and Fire TV...post-19-0-64795800-1438221989_thumb.png

Deihmos

Is there a way to always launch the app full screen in Windows 10?? I always have the bar across the top with minimize/maximize/close buttons... Choosing the diagonal arrow it goes full screen. Why is this default every time I open the app??

That's the stupid thing about windows 10. The apps made specifically for windows 10 do not even have an option to go full screen. My htpcs are staying with 8.1.

Scott84Z28

That's the stupid thing about windows 10. The apps made specifically for windows 10 do not even have an option to go full screen. My htpcs are staying with 8.1.

Umm, yes they do.  You push the diagonal arrow button that is just to the left of the minimize button like Xzener said, and then the app is full screen.

I think point is how can we make it default to full screen.

Xzener

Keyboard/mouse here... So that tells me there is a way. :blink: Googling... http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/windows-10-tip-display-universal-apps-full-screen-view Found it, although I don't recall seeing the More "..."  title bar in 7illusion's app. @@7illusions Is this at all possible in Windows 10, or are you still running 8.1 still?

Edited by Xzener

Deihmos

That menu is from the old build of windows 10 and it was removed. There is no way to maximise by default.

@@Scott84Z28 Apps mode specifically for windows 10 do not have a way to maximise fullscreen. Try maximising the mail app. Are you even running Windows 10?

Scott84Z28

Yup, I'm on Win10.  True, the mail app doesn't have the full screen button (same for edge, weather, and everyting else).  But the emby app does have a full screen button beside the minimize button.

Default full screen is only in tablet mode it seems.  Which, you can use with a mouse and keyboard.

7illusions

The fullscreen stuff will be in next beta. Got a little reflection thing going to support win10 in the win81 app.

try
            {
                var method = v.GetType().GetRuntimeMethod("TryEnterFullScreenMode", new Type[] { });
                method.Invoke(v,null );
            }
            catch { }
  • Like 2

Xzener

Further testing and feed back will be strictly Windows 10 from me. Still have the issue where the now playing bar gets stuck. It was mentioned in the previous beta thread towards the end, that it should be part of the pause popup when you move the mouse... It never seems to get stuck.

7illusions

New build is up.

App opens in fullscreen in win10

There's a NextUp dialog showing if you play a video playlist. (you can also go into a episode, press the "ellipses"-button and select "Play all from here" to see it. ( I will improve on this soon)

• Like 2

Scott84Z28

Two things I've noticed.  First, can we have the app not automatically log in to the last user?  If I close the app, and I was the last one logged on, and my kids open it, I don't want to automatically go into my profile (maybe I'm just missing something and this is do-able already).  Also, there no way to log the current user out using the keyboard.  You have to use the mouse to get to the user icon in the top right to log out.  Could it be like in EMC, where if you push backspace when at the main menu it asks you if you want to quit or log out?

With the backgroup theme videos, there is an issue in TV shows where if you go into a show, the backgroup video starts to play, but then if you go into a season of the show the video stops.  The video should really keep playing until you either pick an episode to play, or you back out of the show all togther. 

Thanks!