Emby breaking JSON request

mellomade

xnappo

OH - So it really is a space in your username - that is an easy fix.  I thought you were saying it was literally 'User Name'.  I guess I must be getting old - it would never even occur to me to put a space in a user name :D

Yeah, writing to passwords.xml instead of messing with the path may be a good idea - especially if it works for the non-direct case too.  @@Angelblue05 has been doing some XML mods for other reasons, so I think we already have the infrastructure.

@@Angelblue05 - thoughts?

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 2

Angelblue05

so if I understand correctly, we need to url encode the username so the space becomes %20 rather than an actual space? I don't have a passwords.xml file in my userdata. I guess I'd need to know the structure of the xml but I can't find any details in the Kodi wiki.

We could first try to do the url encode to the username, and at a later time, we could verify the passwords.xml option?

mellomade

I don't know if I would waste time encoding the URL at this point - since so far I am the only dummy using a user name with a space in it.  :P

As I understand it the passwords.xml just appends a specific base path record with the saved user id and password - so if the Emby plugin entries for network user id and password could just update this xml file rather than every entry in the db - it might save you some headaches down the road.  If you were to take this approach there should be some logic to encode the space into %20 (as Kodi does this).

For reference here is the structure for passwords.xml

<passwords>
    <path>
        <from pathversion="1">smb://192.168.1.50/</from>
        <to pathversion="1">smb://userid:password@192.168.1.50/</to>
    </path>
</passwords>

• Like 1

xnappo

We could definitely fix it by just encoding it - just thinking password.xml might be a little cleaner. 

• Like 1