Cant reach local host for install

sal_fi
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

sal_fi

Hi,

So i've tried to install media server on 3 machines WIn7 physical, Win7 VM, and Server 2008r2 VM. I had UAC off and no AV. No matter what browser I attempt to connect to http://localhost:8096/web/wizardstart.html I can not. Chrome: ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED and IE: Just says page unavailable. 

I've tried to clear the clickOnce cache by running the command, reinstalling from the website, and uninstalling( which it wont) Could be completely unrelated. Error is:  MediaBrowser.Uninstaller has stopped working. 

I tried installing the newest stable release today: 3.0.5675.1

Any help would be great!

Mahalo!

server-63572631312.txt

server-install.log

Happy2Play

To me it looks like you have installed twice.  Two different accounts.  You can see in your server log application loads from domainadminacct and all databases are in syssal.

C:\Users\syssal\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\

and

C:\Users\domainadminacct\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\

Edited by Happy2Play

sal_fi

They're all under syssal, I was trying to change the username incase it was relevant that I used a domain admin account to install. 

• Solution

It is installing just fine but something is keeping you from accessing it via the browser.

Sometimes disabling the firewall can cause its own problems.  Can you check to be sure you have rules to allow the server to communicate via tcp and udp and then re-enable it?

• Like 1

sal_fi

The task manager shows a process for mediabrowser. I'm enabling and checking the firewall now. 

sal_fi

Hey the firewall worked! I've never had with disabling before. I put the server in a work group and enabled the firewall, the install added the ports to the allow list. I guess, windows defaults to a deny all somehow when the firewall is disabled.