Server Restart Other Other Process

Erik
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

I noticed that every night the chapter extraction fails. I can manually run it and everything is fine. Then I noticed that the scheduled time for the chapter extraction and server restart are both 4:00am, so I believe that it's restarting right at the start of the other process.

Now I know I can change the time, but could the server restart plugin wait for no other scheduled tasks to be running then initiate the restart? Just in case some process takes long enough that it runs into the server restart task time.

Thanks,

Erik

• Like 1

• Solution

For now, you will need to adjust the schedule appropriately to handle this.  As I get time I will look into some sort of dependency.

• Like 2

No problem I adjusted the time, I just had not seen it mentioned anywhere on the forum yet and figured it may have an impact in the future.

Thanks.

techywarrior

@@ebr you really should change the server restart plugin to default to a different time (something that isn't the same time as other default functionality) so that new people don't all have the exact same problem.

I would suggest something before the chapter extraction since that could take a while. Perhaps 3am or 3:30am?

It's not a good user experience when you add the plugin, see that it has no configuration options, and then get errors every night. It also may help to have the time configuration in the plugin as well (but that may be an issue) so as a stop-gap how about the configuration page simply tells you to go to the scheduled tasks page and change the time if you need to. But still change the default time in the plugin.