DLNA - media info submitted by Emby server

steve1977

steve1977

I was just going through what is being transmitted by EMby server over DLNA to TVs or other DLNA clients. A few observation and feature requests:

1) Movies

* Movie title and poster nicely transmitted

* Only question whether trailers should be omitted? But there are probably advantages either way

2) Music

* Album name and coverart displayed in album view, but not albumartist name. So, it displays "Aftermath" under albums next to the album. I would prefer to have this shown as "After Maths - Rolling Stones" as for some albums I would not be able to know what the artist is. In technical terms, I would like the display to be "Albumtitle - Albumartist"

* Similar suggestion when selecting the album, when the songs are being displayed. It currently only show the song name (e.g., Mother's Little Helper), while it would be nicer to have it display the artist with it (Mother's Little Helper - Rolling Stones). In technical terms, this would be "Song name - Song artist name")

3) TV Shows (this one has the most pressing need!)

* When selecting "latest", it only shows the episode name,which is extremely confusing as you cannot guess the tvshow from the episode name. It also displays an episode photo, which makes it even more confusing

*So, I am suggesting to display full tvshow info: "TVShow Name - SxxExx - Episode name" instead of currently only "Episode name" under latest and actually probably everywhere where episodes are shown

Thanks in advance for looking into this!

P.S. I was thinking whether this is a MBS or a DLNA client issue. I came to the conclusion that this needs to be solved on the server-side. I tried with several DLNA clients and none displayed the right info. One even indicated in "album view" for music that "no artist metadata available" and - a bit to my surprise - also the same message when in episode view (for tvshows).