Image cache cleanup

scharbag
Go to solution Solved by scharbag,

scharbag

I am running out of space due to metadata and i think i figured out why.  Both metabrowser and media browser are downloading meta data for some titles.  That means I have a few too many image files and they are clogging up my HTPC client SSDs.  I would like to delete all of the jpg files from my NAS share, reprocess the images and then repopulate the media browser caches.

Will that plan work to rebuild the image caches in both the classic and server directories?

Cheers,

• Solution
scharbag

So did the above and it seemed to work.  I did delete the image cache folder in the classic directory.  Then I deleted all of my metatdata jpg files and re-scanned the library with server.  I now have a lot more free space.

Long term solution is that I may install the server on a VM running on a different machine that has more storage.  If only I could get virtual box working in a freeness jail...

Personal preference is to only use MetaBrowser to get metadata so I have now disabled MB Server from also getting meta data from the internet.  Might get off my arse and figure out how to rename and sort stuff with FlexGet but until then, I will use this strategy.

Again, this is awesome software!!  Thank you for the great work.

Cheers,