Photos / Pictures slideshow

AxeMan

AxeMan

One of the gee-wiz features of my media setup on 7 MC is the photos waterfall/slideshow. Friends and family are always enthused seeing it (and themselves etc).

At this point, since the geniuses are Microsoft are completely dropping Media Center (in Win 10) - I'm hoping that emby can fill in with a plug-in along the lines of the ones out there for posters/movies by ebr.

Is this something that people have interest in, or am I alone here?

• Like 7

Scott84Z28

I agree, one of the main reasons for still using WMC.  I've looked for look-a-like replacement for a while, but never anything with the same appeal as the WMC one.

• Like 2

swhitmore

I agree, one of the main reasons for still using WMC.  I've looked for look-a-like replacement for a while, but never anything with the same appeal as the WMC one.

Yeah, same here. WMC nailed it with the ease of just starting a 'pan and scan' slideshow. I love how I can load up some background music and then return straight to the photos. Nothing has come close to how simple that is, while looking really good at the same time.

Edited by swhitmore
  • Like 1

CBers

There is a "pan & scan" screensaver available, but it's not exactly like the WMC one.

I tried it a few years ago when I thought MBT was the next great product.

AxeMan

Yeah, same here. WMC nailed it with the ease of just starting a 'pan and scan' slideshow. I love how I can load up some background music and then return straight to the photos. Nothing has come close to how simple that is, while looking really good at the same time.

yeah - that's pretty much what i do with it too. Or if we're (kids) are watching something and waiting to select - the picts come up etc. At this point - it's the only reason I keep WMC and the emby classic app. 

• Like 1

Just FYI for those that don't know - if you put a windows playlist inside your photo folder and then "Play" that folder in Emby WMC, it will play the playlists whilst showing a slide show of the photos in the folder.  It will search parent folders for a playlist if there isn't one in the exact folder you play.

The slide show isn't as neat as the WMC screen saver but, just so you know this is available.

• Like 2