Movie Collections not populating in Fire TV client

Chuck

PhilWhite

Under 'Automatically group content from the following folders into views such as Movies, Music and TV:'  the only thing that needs to be ticked to allow collections to be viewed on Fire TV is Collections.  If this is unticked then it shows "No Items"

I don't even need 'group movies into collections' to be ticked.

To display movies or TV on the Fire TV nothing needs to be ticked under the 'automatically group content ...' section, though.  But Collections needs it, at least in my system.

Edited by PhilWhite

Okay, thanks.  I guess this is a quirk of the way the server delivers content.

This option doesn't affect the web client when you go in through that same Collections folder view (not any other collections tab anywhere)?

Okay, those apps must be pulling collections without any regard to the parent.  The ATV app is specifying a parent ID so my guess is that the collections aren't actually gathered under the main "Collections" parent unless that option is selected.

PhilWhite

At least it works now and I'm happy. 

I know this is not the thread to report other issues, but it does impact the Fire TV. Whatever you did to the android beta app in the last two days fixed my problem playing some movies on my android phone.  I'm looking forward to that improvement with the Fire TV so that I can use the vlc player again.

Movies load quickly and play well with all the improvements you've made.  Looks like a bright future.

This should be fixed in the next release (if you are in the beta group you can test it with .83).

Allan Cameron

I am also not seeing collections on my Nexus Player, when i enter the folder its empty. Manually created the collections on the server.

Its also not displaying my custom artwork for the main folder as well as home videos folder. However home videos does have the content, so at least the videos are there.

Has this collection issue been solved yet?

PhilWhite

Go to your profile setings and look for 'Automatically group content from the following folders into views such as Movies, Music and TV' -- tick the "Collections" selection.  I think it is under "Homepage" or something similar.

• Like 1

Has this collection issue been solved yet?

This should be fixed in the next release (if you are in the beta group you can test it with .83).

Plus, you can use the solution offered in here until then.

Go to your profile setings and look for 'Automatically group content from the following folders into views such as Movies, Music and TV' -- tick the "Collections" selection.  I think it is under "Homepage" or something similar.

• Like 1