Use local patch...

ProphetSe7en

ProphetSe7en

Can someone tell me what this options is for?

Why should I use this, or why should I not use I?

I was hoping that enabling this would tell Kodi the path to my movies/shows for adding subtitles in the same folder as the movie/shows are stored. Kodi only see a plugin adres for the movies and not the direct path.

xnappo

Yes, that is an example of what it is useful for.  You will lose transcoding support, however.

You needbto reset your DB to change to real paths.

ProphetSe7en

I did a new DB reset.

It now shows plugin:://plugin.video.emby/movies/b964e......mode=play under path.

ProphetSe7en

Yes of course :)

Do I have to add smb data to kodi as well? It is already entered in the Emby plugin with username and password under playback.

xnappo

I think what must be happening is you do not have direct access to the files for some reason and it is falling back to going through the plugin.

How are your paths set up on the server?  If you are using Windows they need to be like '\\server\path' not 'd:\path'.  Also if you have a password set, make sure you put it in the SMB username/password fields.

A log may help...

Chris

ProphetSe7en

I have a windows server.

Path: \\server\shares\Movies\12 Years a Slave (2013)\ 12 Years a Slave (2013) - 1080p.mkv

Not sure why there is a spacing in front of the movie name, but it is like that for all of my movies.

I did a new DB reset, and now it wont play anything. The path goes back to http:/ip....

Edit: Trailers stored in the same folder works, but not the movie or tv series.

I have the same problem on my laptop and on my Nexus Player when using direct path.

Edited by svortevik

xnappo

Oh, you are using Isengard - probably a DB change in Kodi we didn't know about yet.

Switch to 14.2 for now - I'll take a look when I get back in town.

xnappo

On second thought, your paths are also wrong:

D:\\Shares\\Movies\\12 Years a Slave (2013)\

That D: should not be there.

Later in the log:

12:10:52 T:18446744073584738752  NOTICE: EMBY PlayUtils -> logMsg : Path is detected as follow: D:\Shares\Movies\12 Years a Slave (2013)\ 12 Years a Slave (2013) - 1080p.mkv. Try direct streaming.
12:10:52 T:18446744073584738752  NOTICE: EMBY PlayUtils -> logMsg : Can't direct play: Unable to locate the content.
12:10:52 T:18446744073584738752  NOTICE: EMBY PlayUtils -> logMsg : Playurl: http://192.168.1.20:8096/mediabrowser/Videos/b964e06c42d7fabe6d79ea072630e038/stream?static=true&AudioStreamIndex=1
12:10:52 T:18446744073584738752  NOTICE: EMBY PlayUtils -> logMsg : File is direct streaming.

This is likely causing problems when you don't use direct paths as well, just not as noticeable.

You need to figure out why it is d:\Shares and not \\server\d\Shares

Edited by xnappo

ProphetSe7en

I am using Helix on my laptop, has the same problem there :(

Edited by svortevik

ProphetSe7en

On second thought, your paths are also wrong:

D:\\Shares\\Movies\\12 Years a Slave (2013)\

That D: should not be there.

Later in the log:

12:10:52 T:18446744073584738752  NOTICE: EMBY PlayUtils -> logMsg : Path is detected as follow: D:\Shares\Movies\12 Years a Slave (2013)\ 12 Years a Slave (2013) - 1080p.mkv. Try direct streaming.
12:10:52 T:18446744073584738752  NOTICE: EMBY PlayUtils -> logMsg : Can't direct play: Unable to locate the content.
12:10:52 T:18446744073584738752  NOTICE: EMBY PlayUtils -> logMsg : Playurl: http://192.168.1.20:8096/mediabrowser/Videos/b964e06c42d7fabe6d79ea072630e038/stream?static=true&AudioStreamIndex=1
12:10:52 T:18446744073584738752  NOTICE: EMBY PlayUtils -> logMsg : File is direct streaming.

This is likely causing problems when you don't use direct paths as well, just not as noticeable.

You need to figure out why it is d:\Shares and not \\server\d\Shares

Hmm

I have no ide where to start to figure this out.

I did a fresh install on both my laptop and Nexus Player.

Install Kodi

Enable "movie set" in kodi

Install Emby plugin

Configure Emby plugin

Restart

Database import

On my server the network path is set to: \\SERVER\Shares

Do I need to enable "path substitusions in Emby server?

From D:\Shares\Movies

To: \\server\shares\movies

xnappo

I have no idea where that D:\ is coming from - it has to be in your server config somewhere - all I can say for sure it something is wrong in your setup :D.  If your server is Windows, you should not need to use path substitution.

Edited by xnappo

ProphetSe7en

Update:

I did apply the "path substitution" in Emby Server.

From D:\shares\movies

To \\server\shares\movies

Now the path in Emby metadata is updated to \\server\shares\movies and not D:\shares\moves

The same goes for path in Kodi.

So path substitution solved the problem for me :)

xnappo

That makes no sense, but glad it worked I guess...  But it seems to me like you added your movie collection as d:\shares\movies .. I don't see how it can be doing that otherwise.

Just to be clear, I mean here:

558950c966364_Capture.png

ProphetSe7en

Yes I did add it as D:\shares\movies

I did some testing now by adding a second folder like this.

\\server\shares\kids

I did not apply path substitution to this folder, but now it works.

So the problem must have been in my media locations settings in Emby.

I will change them to \\server\movies and remove path substitution :)

I do however have a different problem now that it works. Not sure if this is a local problem, or how it is supposed to be when using local path....

As soon as I start a movie it instantly get marked as watched, even if I stop the movie after 10 minutes. So there is no resume function available.

xnappo

Yeah, the marked watched code has been changed a lot...  The 'real path' stuff is pretty much a backup in case the plugin path causes issues.

I am curious if your original problem that made you try this in the first place will be gone now that you have the paths fixed.

ProphetSe7en

There were two main reasons for testing local path. The first one was to get subtitles downloaded from kodi stored in the same directory as the movie. 

The second reason was because I was under he impression that without using local path there would be quality loss compared to using local path. Is this true?

So after changing media locations and removing path substitution this is the status when using local path:

Subtitles are stored in the same folder as the movie is when added from Kodi :) Is this supposed to work without using local path? If so I will test to se if it works now after sorting things out.

Resume from option is back and working. This did not work when path substitution were enabled.

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me :)

Vidman

There were two main reasons for testing local path. The first one was to get subtitles downloaded from kodi stored in the same directory as the movie.

The second reason was because I was under he impression that without using local path there would be quality loss compared to using local path. Is this true?

So after changing media locations and removing path substitution this is the status when using local path:

Subtitles are stored in the same folder as the movie is when added from Kodi :) Is this supposed to work without using local path? If so I will test to se if it works now after sorting things out.

Resume from option is back and working. This did not work when path substitution were enabled.

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me :)

No there is no quality loss, it is just slightly slower to access the file, it's only noticeable on slow devices like the raspberry pi

CBers

As stated it is mostly only useful for very slow devices

Depends what a "very slow device" is, as Raspberry Pi's and Pi2's work just fine.

Vidman

I was just trying to illustrate my point, you are sacrificing alot of embys features for a slight increase in loading time.

I don't know about the pi tho, I haven't tried it since I gave up on it trying to use the old media browser addon

Edited by Vidman

ProphetSe7en

Then I wont use the "use local..." feature as I want all the features from Emby :)

Edited by svortevik

inesergio

The reason I use local path is because is the only way for kodi display the filename. Because I download subtitles often, this is a must have.

Enviado do meu Passport através de Tapatalk