Subtitle Deletion from Metadata Screen

lloydcodrington
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

lloydcodrington

Hi All,

After having a problem relating to locating subtitle files, please see: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/22668-subtitle-location-and-how-to-delete/, it occurs to me that it would be good to have a subtitle deletion button on the metadata screen.  As multiple subtitle files are allowed each should be able to be deleted individually.  Below is an example of what it could look like but I know the programming is a lot harder than me placing Xs on a screenshot:

post-9349-0-35368700-1434999620_thumb.png

Let's say a subtitle file is downloaded temporary for a visiting friend say, it would be good if it was easy to get rid of it after they have left the building and flown home and I can think of no better place than the Emby metadata screen rather than hunting around for .srt files.  And I am no novice but even this has caused me issues as you can read in my linked post above.

To tell the trust Media Browser before it and now Emby have been so thorough over the years I was quite shocked not to see a deletion feature there.

Lloyd

• Solution

it does have that, but only for external subtitles. there is no way to delete an internal subtitle without remuxing the video file.

• Like 1