SHow only "Unwatched" in "Because you like...."

diaz1510

Just out of curiosity, was there another thread/post that gave some indication of timing on smart playlists? I ask only because I'm looking forward to Smart Playlists / Smart Collections. :)

It's just an assumption as we got no news

'Because you watched' lists are generated just like any other in any web based UI. Each base item request could easily be generated with 'isPlayed' equaling false.

But this could return an empty response if you have watched everything I in your library.

So, recommendation could be empty if this feature request is fulfilled.

Or adding logic to return watched items if the first request is empty. This would have the same end result as the logic that is currently being used.

Perhaps the answer is to sort the list of baseItems where the unwatched appear first and watched at the end of the list.

You might be able to add the 'isPlayed' false flag to the item requests for web UIs. It's somewhere in the javascript. Not sure what you'd do for mobile apps etc.

• Like 1

daedalus

Perhaps the answer is to sort the list of baseItems where the unwatched appear first and watched at the end of the list.

paying attention to that logic from the start would probably "avoided" that feature request

and showing watched items only if there are no unwatched left would be pretty acceptable and better than showing nothning

• Like 1

Happy2Play

But to me it is just fine.  But personally I would rather disable them all together.

• 4 months later...

So any news about this? I would like this feature because I have one unseen movie in this list. That's not really useful.

Or with smart Playlist can I do this like in Kodi.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...

Looks I've dupliicated posting this type of request twice now and was active in this thread and already following it lol. Still really after this feature, I'm just going to move latest fr post text here to bump this thread.

We all can admit we watch and consume to much content these days and there is stuff we recorded that goes by the way side. While I love the recommended suggestions and the more like this features in Emby I would really appreciate a toggle similiar to the one currently found in home screen settings for hiding fully played content from the latest media rows which I personally find immensely helpful.

If you're like me and tend to see a lot of watched items in your suggestions/more like this areas and would like a toggle to hide fully played content from suggestions/more like this then follow this thread like the first post, throw some discussion support here.

I think this would be immensenly helpful/power feature to slip into the official 4.8 release if it doesnt require to much work and testing. Especially useful for those with large collections or huge backlogs of stuff they have forgotten about.

Thanks again.

BAS

• 4 weeks later...
diaz1510
On 9/21/2023 at 3:23 PM, Luke said:

There will be a user option for this coming in Emby Server 4.8:

image.png

Thanks.

YES!!! 8 years later!!! Sweet!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm on .51 of beta server. I see these toggles are now available and found under the users display settings area. The toggles for hiding content from latest media and suggestions work correctly but the more like this toggle is not working correctly and is still showing played content.

Thanks.

Edited by BAS

6 hours ago, BAS said:

I'm on .51 of beta server. I see these toggles are now available and found under the users display settings area. The toggles for hiding content from latest media and suggestions work correctly but the more like this toggle is not working correctly and is still showing played content.

Thanks.

Hi, please use the testing area for beta related discussion. Thanks.

• 2 months later...