Couple questions from new user

ebr

the resolution of the content. it doesn't offer any upscaling so it maxes out at whatever the resolution the source is.

bozrdnag

he probably has no season folders. something we haven't really tested a whole lot.

You're right.  I do not have season folders.  My structure is:

\Tv Shows

\Seinfeld

\Episode s01e01

\Episode s01e02   

\Episode s01e03

\Episode s02e01

\Episode s02e02

So that isn't supported then?

Good day,

As it explain the KB, it should have the Season, as this:

\TV Show

\Seinfeld\

\Season 1

\Episode s01e01

\Episode s01e02   

\Episode s01e03

Etc ...

So the "Season x" should be in the top level for that episodes

My best

You're right.  I do not have season folders.  My structure is:

\Tv Shows

\Seinfeld

\Episode s01e01

\Episode s01e02   

\Episode s01e03

\Episode s02e01

\Episode s02e02

So that isn't supported then?

Well, we want to, but it hasn't had enough testing so right now it is bound to have issues.

bozrdnag

I am new to MediaBrowser 3 and I am loving it so far.  I am running the server and accessing it from the web client. Is there a way to change the episodes view to List or something?  On most episodes all I can see is something like "The Big Bang Theory...".  Liek the name is too long to display.  No season and episode number or episode name because the name is too long.  It makes it impossible to select an episode.

bozrdnag

I'm not sure what you mean by where.  The problem I have is in the TV area.  When I go to Views\TV Shows\Shows and then click on a show.

he means the web client based on this original post, i'm just trying to surmise what page.

after clicking on a show, do you then click on a season? as ebr said, screenshot.

bozrdnag

That's too bad.  I use XBMC as my primary media center at home and I'm using MediaBrowser to stream my content over the web (which it seems to do great by the way!).  My folder structure works fine in XBMC and it would be a ton of work to correct.  Even if there's software that would add the season folders and distribute the episodes properly, because of the change in the path my XBMC library would then remove an re-add every episode and I would lose the watched status, play count and last played date for all of them.

Thanks for your help.

Can you take a screenshot of your folder structure? It appears your episodes are showing up at the series level.

bozrdnag

Thanks for all the quick replies guys it's much appreciated.  One more thing if I may.  One computer I am running the web client on is only allowing image quality setting up to 480P.  Yesterday, the very same computer was allowing as high as 720P whcile yete another computer regularly allows you to select 1080P.

What dictates that.  Is it determined by computer "horsepower" or internet bandwidth?

• 2 weeks later...
bozrdnag

I don't see it saying it's scanning anywhere in the dashboard.  Though I don't remember exactly where to look.  It shouldn't be scanning because I updated the server yesterday.  The shows are all listed, but no episodes.

bozrdnag

\TV Shows\Seinfeld\Seinfeld - s01e01 - Pilot - DVD Rip.mkv

They are all like that.  The folder TV Shows is the one I setup in MB3 for the TV Shows collection.

ok. at the moment we don't officially support that structure, so you're bound to have issues with it. we currently need Seinfeld\Season 1\Seinfeld - s01e01 - Pilot - DVD Rip.mkv

We are working on adding support for episodes directly in a series folder it but it's not available yet.

bozrdnag

You have no season folders...?

No.  We  discussed that earlier in the thread.  I know the lack of season folders isn't supported, but my episodes were showing under Seasons in MB3 until the recent server update, which at least allowed me to view them (albeit hard to tell which one was which).  Did something change which would affect that?