Couple questions from new user

ebr

Has something changed that would effect it? Yes and no. I say no because in theory, no, but I also say yes because until it becomes officially supported, it's not getting any testing so we really don't know if changes are affecting it or not. Stay tuned though it's not that far away.

I just upgraded the server and now the episodes aren't showing anywhere.  Not even under seasons like they were.

has the library scan completed?

bozrdnag

Today I noticed the changelog said spport for episodes in series folders so I updated the server and checked it out.  I now see latest episodes and they all seem to show up under episodes, but there are no seasons listed under shows.  So I am unable to browse episodes for a specific show.  Also, I saw the server said it was scanning the library and finished, but it doesn't seemed to have scraped any of them.  The episode name shown is the full file name like this:

1x02 - 3rd Rock from the Sun - s01e02 - Post Nasal Dick - DVD Rip

And there's no plot or cast or anything else.  Do I need to do something to correct this?

Edited by bozrdnag

you're running a dev build which means it may or may not even be complete yet. so you should wait until we announce it publicly and then try again.

bozrdnag

My bad on the scraping.  Turns out I'm just stupid.  I somehow had it turned off.  Re-scanning library now.  I'll report back if that also fixes the seasons and episodes showing under shows.

bozrdnag

Scanning is complete.  All metadata seems to be there, but nothing under seasons.  So no episodes available from the Shows view.

bozrdnag

I just updated the server to the latest dev build and this issue is partially fixed.  By that I mean I have 52 TV shows and 32 of them show seasons and then episodes within each season, but 20 shows do not show any seasons and therefore no episodes.  I'm not sure why though as all my files use the exact same naming convention and folder structure.  Here are some screen shots to show the file and folder structure:

Here is 3rd Rock From the Sun which DOESN'T show seasons or episodes:

11262828294_3b47842a47_o.jpg

Untitled1 by rockdawg2232, on Flickr

Here is American Horror Story which DOES show seasons and episodes:

11262828124_faced3144e_o.jpg
Untitled2 by rockdawg2232, on Flickr

bozrdnag

I haven't gone through them all yet, but one thing I'm seeing so far is that every show that doesn't have seasons/episodes listed has a .actors folder in the series folder.

bozrdnag

No, that's not it.  I just deleted the .actors folder for a problem show and then re-scraped and it didn't fix it.  I also found a problem show that didn't have a .actors folder.

bozrdnag

Today they are all showing fine in the web client.  Not sure why, but everything looks good there now.  I think there may be another problem though.  In the metadata manager all my shows have the seasons under them along with the episodes.  The episodes are not listed under each season.  Seasons and episodes are listed together under the root show.  The Android app displays shows the same way.  If I go to Seinfeld\Seasons seasons and episodes are all listed together.  Here's a shot of the metadata manager:

11275610933_2d54738dba_o.png
Untitled by rockdawg2232, on Flickr
Edited by bozrdnag

Redshirt

@@Redshirt. have you switched to the new tv api?

No I haven't. That's what I was looking for swagger for this morning. Current Android builds are still using folder based navigation for TV.

I'm hoping that switching to the TV api's will resolve an incorrect child count issue mentioned elsewhere.

bozrdnag

What about the metadata manager though?  Should it be showing episodes that way?

Edited by bozrdnag