"Last Seen" changes and additions

soniCron

soniCron

Request 1: "Last Seen" actually reflect last activity

My family has the Emby mobile app installed and I've got Kodi running on a couple TVs, and this seems to affect the "Last seen" info on login screens, dashboard, etc, in that nobody actually needs to use Emby for their "Last seen" to be updated.

I assume this is because the apps are pinging the server, and the server interprets that as some sort of activity? This seems contrary to the purpose of a "last seen" identifier, no?

Shouldn't "last seen" reflect their active browsing/watching history, and not the mere fact that they are present on the local network?

I'm not sure if this is a feature request or a bug, so my apologies if this is in the wrong spot! :)

Request 2: "Last Seen" affect login order icons

Also, it would be nice if the last time a person was active on a given device (a computer or a Roku or a FireTV stick or whatever), if their login icon would be bumped to the front, rather than sorted alphabetically. There are 12 family members that are in and out of here during the Summer and I have to periodically prune the users by enabling/disabling accounts as people come and go, just so "William" isn't annoyed that he has to scroll to the end of the users list every time he wants to watch something on the TV, even though he watches the most.

Obviously it's not the end of the world, but it's pretty common on most devices for at least the latest login to be highlighted by default.

BTW, if there's anything I can do to help with either of these (I'm a developer and designer), I'd be more than happy to wade into the code, if someone will just get me started!

Thanks! :)