A Number Of Library Issues

Surfdude

Surfdude

Hi,

I've just started using Emby with Kodi and so far it's fantastic, but I am having a few issues with the library that I'm hoping someone can help me with.

Firstly, a minor problem: I've manually created a bunch of collections for my movies, but on one of my client machines a handful of the collections refuse to change the background art. The majority are fine but about four still show the default art. I've tried removing all the artwork but the one I want, even re-downloading the correct one, but no change.

The two other Kodi clients show the correct artwork for all collections.

Secondly, a more serious issue: my music library is all over the place! The huge majority of songs are not placed into their proper albums and are instead displayed in individual folders all titled "Singles." The albums are fine on the server app, and I can force it to display properly by refreshing the album or artist information on the server but, unfortunately this isn't permanent and would need to be done for every single artist every time I boot one of the Kodi machines!

Using the Emby addon also seems to have bypassed some of my preferences in Kodi.

The track names are a bit of a problem; I set it up to display as [Track Number] - [song Title] but now it's showing as [Album Title] - [song Title] - [Artist], which is unnecessary and often obscures the song title when browsing through. (Edit: This seems to be the case only on two of the three client machines, even though all of them have the exact same naming template set up! :wacko: )

It also seems to ignore the "Include artists who appear only on compilations" option, which I deselected to prevent a scattering of artists with a solitary song through the library. (Edit: Just noticed that all the compilation artists showing are from the same album so this is probably a tag issue).

It no longer seems to read the disk number from the tags. Do I need to look at the folder structure for this?

Finally, I don't think this is a Kodi problem but I hope no one minds me posting it here rather than start a new thread for it: there are quite a few albums, and every song within them, that are showing up in both the server app and Kodi with the title repeated twice separated by a semicolon. For example "Black Gives Way to Blue;Black Gives Way to Blue."

I've had a look at the filenames and tags for these and the only thing they seem to have in common is that the first nine tracks have a zero in front of the track number. Unfortunately, removing the zero doesn't seem to resolve the issue. I've tried refreshing the artist/album info and rescanning the library, but neither makes any difference.

Sorry for asking so many questions at once! If anyone has a suggestion for one or all of my issues I'd be eternally grateful. :)

Edited by Surfdude

Surfdude

A quick update:

I've solved the track naming problem, which was embarrassingly straightforward, although I have no idea why it came about in the first place. Two of the Kodi machines had taken it upon themselves to sort the songs by album; I didn't realise that would completely change the way the song titles were displayed.

The compilation issue was simply because I hadn't set the Album Artist tag on a particular album. I've changed it now and it's displaying correctly on my main machine but the other two still have the various artists appearing in the library. It seems to be a running theme that the machines are not entirely synchronised.

I've had a play with my subfolder structure and put a separate Disc 1 and 2 folder within a couple of album folders. It now shows up correctly in the web app (it was showing a two separate albums before) but made no difference in Kodi. I'm still getting tracks 1,1,2,2,3,3 etc which is obviously not ideal.

I've not made any progress on getting the albums to populate automatically or on changing those few pieces of background art on my boxsets.

Surfdude

I've sorted the boxset backdrop problem! I deleted the "textures" database file in the userdata folder and let it rebuild from scratch. All correct artwork now showing. :D

Now if I could just get the music library sorted...

Angelblue05

Yea, music library is really marcelveldt's area. I don't have a music library in Emby so I can't really help. But I'm glad you are getting things to work correctly! :)

• 2 weeks later...
kenelbow

I figured I would reply to this topic rather than open a new one, but I am experiencing the same issues with my music library in Emby for Kodi. Many of my artists show several albums called "singles" each with a single song in them.  These artists and their respective albums all appear to be organized properly when browsing my Emby server. 

Here is an example of an artist being organized properly in Emby:

MJktjS8.png

And the same artist when using music sync in Emby for Kodi:

DB12xaD.png

marcelveldt is this a work in progress?

Edited by kenelbow

marcelveldt

It's now on our Trello board. I will start working on this later this week.

https://trello.com/c/2cWxSQch/104-improve-music-library-support

The music support in the addon hasn't been updated since I first coded it in the addon. Based on your feedback I can improve it. I've notice a couple of glitches myself too while using it.

I will let you know once I have some more news about this.

• Like 5

kenelbow

Excellent!  Thank you!

The music support in the addon hasn't been updated since I first coded it in the addon. Based on your feedback I can improve it. I've notice a couple of glitches myself too while using it.

• 1 month later...
Oxide

I'm still having the "Singles" issue with the latest beta (1.1.31)  :(

I can post logs if needed :)

struggles

I also had "Singles" showing up in Kodi using the latest beta (1.1.31). I found that it would occur with only 1 album.

Strangely, I would reset the database and do a another full sync with a different album being turned into singles. Still only 1 album, but a different album. The album that was previously showing as singles was corrected. I verified that the data is correct within Emby Server for the albums that were being converted in "Singles".

In addition, the latest beta (1.1.31) would always omit one artist and one album every time a reset/resync was performed. And it would be a different artist and album after each reset/resync. Again, after very carefully analyzing the data I could not find any problems within Emby Server.

I reverted back to the stable version of the Kodi addon (1.1.13) and no "Singles" were created. And no artist/albums were omitted. Everything appears to be correct.

I am sticking with the stable version of the Kodi addon for now.  :)

• 4 weeks later...

@@marcelveldt any news on the "Singles" issue, unfortunately I'm still getting them in 1.1.3.9. I tried re-tagging the affected Albums but can't seem to get it right.