FR: Last Watched Date

KidNamedCudi

KidNamedCudi

Something that I think would be super useful especially when watching shows that have already been watched previously would be to display a "Last Watched Date" that displays the date/time that the episode or movie was last watched. That way if I watch something that already has the watched indicator on it and I leave to do something else(closing emby) and come back I don't have to search and guess what episode I am currently on but instead I can look at the Last Watched Date and see what episode has the latest date and continue watching.

Also, if this was available another nice to have would be to have Emby on Roku automatically go to the last watched episode when going into a tv series instead of defaulting to the first season view and making me search. This would save a lot of time and me starting to watch episodes only to realize I have already recently watched them.

KidNamedCudi

I still can't tell the last time I watched an episode it just indicates watched. Knowing the last time it was watched by that user would be useful as I have a large library and I jump around a lot.

DlW8pUgl.jpg
The first part of your question is easy..

You mean something like this? There isn't really anywhere to put this given the limited text fields you get with stock roku screens. So the place most sensible is the season/episode line since it offers so much area to inject lots of text.

https://github.com/M...eechles:patch-2

You will need to make this change to the sources on github. Then rezip and sideload to your roku/nowtv.

...or...for simplicty sake, there is this zip: http://ereader.kicze...lastwatched.zip

The second part of your question is harder. The roku normally grabs from the server at the url /shows/nextup. This returns an object of all the episodes unwatched from every season pre-sorted in an increasing order. After it gets this object, it takes the first element. In this first element it can determine the season and episode that should be given initial focus. It will be the first unwatched episode of the series. This is working for season focus, but broken/bugged for episode focus.

To get the behavior you want, would require @@Luke adding a new endpoint to the server. One that can give /shows/lastplayed and give out the watched seasons and episodes for that series in the same vein as "NextUp", all neatly pre-sorted in a decreasing order according to the userdata.lastplayeddate. It would be easy to do this already by just pulling in every season and episode, and foreach over them looking for the one with newest last played date timestamp. But it would be costly to do, pulling in so much data, iterating, and comparing for just the indexes to use for season/episodes to populate setfocusedlist/setfocusedlistitem with. Plus it would get messy. The server is better doing this.

Edited by speechles