Help please cannot log into emby website

hellboymike

did you try post #39?  I think this is just an issue of the requests not getting through

hellboymike

Yes i tried post # 39 sorry forgot to mention  same thing cannot connect as posted before. When i first started with you guys no problem, working beautiful, dont know what happen.

hellboymike

I was checking to see if anything perhaps changed and it did, now i get this, are you guys checking my server? Thanks

5593ec5362323_Screenshot09h32m46s.jpg

Yes i tried post # 39 sorry forgot to mention  same thing cannot connect as posted before. When i first started with you guys no problem, working beautiful, dont know what happen.

Then that is the problem.  Your server is not accessible external to your network.  Did the local IP address for your server machine change perhaps?  

hellboymike

i added a new router from FIOS GS110, then i port forward the ports, what else can i do? and Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
hellboymike

i reserved windows 10 and will be formatting my desktop and laptop, im hoping when i finish the format i will be able to log into emby, since i gave up on why it doesn't work for me.

hellboymike

Im back and wanted to understand if im doing this right from the get go. If my username is MikeN and i added a new password, when i leave my home network, this is what i use when i connect from another pc or my iphone correct, username = MikeN and my password, or am i suppose to create a guest login for myself, if using my MikeN username is correct then i get this Login Failure55a664e29eac5_Screenshot09h46m55s.jpg

If you are signing in with Connect, you would need to use your Emby Connect id and password (your forum id - hellboymike) and your "MikeN" server account would need to be connected to that.

hellboymike

Ok so i still have the same problems as before my id hellboymike is the same Login Failure i guess i will wait until i reformat unless you can go on via teamviewer and check it. Thanks

hellboymike

Can i strat all over again? Can i uninstall and create new username password, because maybe i have two accounts, still trying to figure this out. Im definetely going crazy with this. When i sue my hellboymike account, sometimes it says manual login and that shows MikeN, but password doesnt work, yet my emby account shows user MikeN, not hellboymike. SO i figured if i start all over again perhaps it migt work.

Happy2Play

When I use my hellboymike account, sometimes it says manual login and that shows MikeN, but password doesnt work, yet my emby account shows user MikeN, not hellboymike

This is confusing, what is the difference between the two?  What emby account are you referring to?  Your emby account is hellboymike.  Connect is design to link your forum account to a local server account, as ebr said hellboymike is the login and will connect to your MikeN account on server assuming you have liked MikeN to your forum account under Users in Dashboard.

Does http://canyouseeme.org/ see your ports open?  If not then starting over will not accomplish anything.

hellboymike

This is confusing, what is the difference between the two?  What emby account are you referring to?  Your emby account is hellboymike.  Connect is design to link your forum account to a local server account, as ebr said hellboymike is the login and will connect to your MikeN account on server assuming you have liked MikeN to your forum account under Users in Dashboard.

Does http://canyouseeme.org/ see your ports open?  If not then starting over will not accomplish anything.

Port sees 8096 should it also see 8920? It doesnt see 8920

Edited by hellboymike

hellboymike

is this the way is suppose to look under my dashboard? Emby usernam/email is empty buy i remember i had added hellboymike, sorry confused. And again really appreciate your time in helping.55a9a860bb4c4_Screenshot21h12m31s.jpg

Happy2Play

Port sees 8096 should it also see 8920? It doesnt see 8920

If 8920 is forwarded properly then yes, but that is set for https in default settings.

You need to add your forum name in Emby name/email.  Then you will receive an email to confirm the link.  Then when you go to app.emby.media you will login with hellboymike and that will log you into your server as MikeN.

hellboymike

Thanks I added username, i had that before i guess i deleted it since i have been trying everything for it to work. i see my server on th iphone i didnt port forward port 8920 thou, tomorrow i will check outside my apt to see if i can still go on the iphone and or my laptop. The true test. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
hellboymike

Ok im back, i reformatted my pc now i have windows 10 64bit pro. My computer name is different and now i also have a new name "mmcrt" but when i hit login i dont recall creating a password. Ayyway now i dont see my bonus stuff i had paid, so what was i suppose to do or do now. Shall i unsintall the media server start all over, which username and or password shall i use, im so sorry can't seem to make this work. Figuring a new formatted hard drive i will be cool. Please help, also my new computer name is AALX-WIN!) if that helps i see that in the top left side in my dashboard.

hellboymike

Ok im back, i reformatted my pc now i have windows 10 64bit pro. My computer name is different and now i also have a new name "mmcrt" but when i hit login i dont recall creating a password. Ayyway now i dont see my bonus stuff i had paid, so what was i suppose to do or do now. Shall i unsintall the media server start all over, which username and or password shall i use, im so sorry can't seem to make this work. Figuring a new formatted hard drive i will be cool. Please help, also my new computer name is AALX-WIN!) if that helps i see that in the top left side in my dashboard.

Update: I logged in this morning to both laptop and iphone, i see two servers, my old desktop and my new one, i used my email as lohin not hellboymike and it worked. So happy just hope it stays on. Also how do i delete the old server AALX showing, i cant seemed to figure out please.

hellboymike

With kaspersky i added port 8920 and 8096, are there any more ports i need to add? This morning connection not established and i shut off kspersky still the same but i added those ports to kaspersky, Thanks