Help please cannot log into emby website

hellboymike

hellboymike

If allowed can you log into my system via teamviewer and look at my PC, i want this to work, i donated because i love the fact that i can log in anywhere, now its frustrating i can't, 

5580232837631_Screenshot09h22m28s.jpg

porkbone

Hi Hellboymike, if you go back up to post #21, there is a link Luke posted on how to properly report a problem. Until you do that, I don't think you will see much action on your issue.  :)

hellboymike

i have posted the screen shots, what else i need, i read post # 21 not understanding, all i can send is the screen shots which i have done, sorry if im a rookie

hellboymike

i figured how to do logs but too much logs to capture via my capture software, can you guys login via teamviewer please.

Nick's MCE

Hi all

I have the same issue I was able to log in originally from any PC or mobile device with any browser outside my home network. Now I can only log in from the home network. 

When I try to login from outside the home network I get exactly the same message as the screen shot above. On my home network nothing changed.

Not even sue where to start to sort it out, the whole port forwarding thingy s a little foreign to me.

Is her an ABC guide for beginners, ie what is the first thing I should check second and so on.

Thanks

Nicks

hellboymike

i took a break of setting this up because it was so frustrating, it was ok before. Thanks for port forward guide, i checked my stuff  i have it correctly port forwarded. Can you guys login via team viewer and check my setting please, much appreciated.

hellboymike

is it possible to start all over, i mean can i uninstall the program and re-install and hopefully use my credentials and see if that might work?

hellboymike

Ok i know i have port forwarding correct since i see port is open, at home via wifi and also using laptop, no issue i can connect, once outside i cant connect, iyt goes as far as seeing my server name/computer name, then says cannot connect.

Good day,

Please clear the logs in your emby server folder, start with the devices that you have problem with, like trying to play a titles, then go to the emby server log folder and provide the log, so the dev's here can see what the problem are.

My best

Try this. Open the server dashboard, take the external address that is displayed, then when you're away from home, put that address into your browser and see if it works.

how to clear logs on emby server and thank s for helping

Good day,

The Emby server log folder, normally:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\logs

username = your user name for windows.

Simply delete the txt files there. (if you can not delete the current file in use while the emby server running, simply shut down the emby server, delete the logs txt file and then start the emby server).

My best

hellboymike

When i click on image to uppload the logs i get error unknown? Is that what i use to upload text file log?

the current one was too big to upload here is this one

Good day,

For big logs files, you can use the dropbox or like http://paste2.org/ then give the link for it here.

My best

hellboymike

Sorry sure dont mean to rush i appreciate all the help i can get, LOVE this server, when it worked being able to watch my movies from laptop at work PRICELESS, thanks again

• Like 1