Script error with Gotham

ursli

Hi there,

I've posted in the kodi forums about this but since you want the support here I've signed up to get things going.

I'm running a linux htpc with emby-server, it also runs a local kodi install based on gotham 13.2 (retroplayer branch) where I do get a script error when I try to login to emby.

I also run a windows pc with kodi 14.2 where everything works as expected.

According to marcelveldt it should work on gotham too so here is my debug log, maybe somebody could give me some pointers on whats going wrong? If anything is missing to debug this just point me in the right direction and I'll be happy to provide more logs.

Server Version 3.0.5621.4

Kodi addon Version 1.0.0

xbmc.log

Edited by ursli

xnappo

Yep... There is indeed a Helix+ only API call in there.

I have no idea how many there are - it was Gotham compatible at one point but it may not be anymore.

Can you look into plans for retro-player updating?

You can try change line 176 of addons/plugin.video.emby/service.py from:

while not self.KodiMonitor.abortRequested():

to

while 1:

But I have a feeling you will just run into more issues.

You will also have to search for:

if self.KodiMonitor.waitForAbort(5):

and replace it with:

if 1==0:

Note that these two changes may cause issue with Kodi closing completely when you exit.

@@marcelveldt - FYI

Edited by xnappo

Thanks for that, I had to edit another line to get it to work but now I've got the happy "Emby connected" message. :)

if self.KodiMonitor.waitForAbort(1):

Just changed that to

if 1==0:

And voila. :)

edit: And updating the retroplayer branch is sadly not very straight forward, as far as I know there is still no savestates feature in both the helix and isengard branches for retroplayer. And I really like to save because I'm so horrible at games I used to easily beat when I was younger. :D

Edited by ursli

Wasn't that easy after all, also had to change WebSocketClient.py and UserClient.py now I'm stuck here:

00:22:01 T:2567904064  NOTICE: Sync DB -> syncDatabase Exiting
00:22:01 T:2567904064   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'sqlite3.OperationalError'>
                                            Error Contents: no such table: path
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.emby/service.py", line 259, in <module>
                                                Service().ServiceEntryPoint()
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.emby/service.py", line 145, in ServiceEntryPoint
                                                libSync = librarySync.FullLibrarySync()
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/LibrarySync.py", line 77, in FullLibrarySync
                                                self.MoviesFullSync(connection,cursor,pDialog)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/LibrarySync.py", line 167, in MoviesFullSync
                                                WriteKodiVideoDB().addOrUpdateMovieToKodiLibrary(item["Id"],connection, cursor, view.get('title'))
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/WriteKodiVideoDB.py", line 160, in addOrUpdateMovieToKodiLibrary
                                                cursor.execute("SELECT idPath as pathid FROM path WHERE strPath = ?",(path,))
                                            OperationalError: no such table: path
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

I guess you where right, I'm running into all kinds of problems.

edit: Got it to work, somehow it was not recognizing that I was running Gotham and used the Helix db version. It's syncing now. :)

Edited by ursli