batch convert fanart to thumb

Swynol

chef

Fixed the TV Series Save Path - now saves into proper series folder (should squash the saving error)

Attempted to wrap the graphic text for long titles to make them fit on the image. (they only wrap once, but may need to wrap again for really long titles)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46151346/Thumb%20Maker.zip

Here's a question, where does emby store boxset info? I want to remove some thumbs so I can test collections/boxset info.

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

FrostByte

I like the text wrap.  Can the font size be increased any?  It seems a little small, but probably can't be increased too much without causing sizing issues. 

The last couple builds it always comes back with "No Titles" after I run it the first time.  I can't get it to find anything after the first run.  Running a new build almost seems to wipe out a flag or something

chef

I like the text wrap. Can the font size be increased any? It seems a little small, but probably can't be increased too much without causing sizing issues.

The last couple builds it always comes back with "No Titles" after I run it the first time. I can't get it to find anything after the first run. Running a new build almost seems to wipe out a flag or something

Movies and Series are returning "no titles"?

It is possible that the long running tasks to gather title info are erroring. If that is the case, I will alert the screen of the error so you can press the button again. That is one issue with asynchronous calls, sometimes (rarely.. Mind you) they time out during high network activity.

FrostByte

Ya, even movies and tv are saying No Titles now.   Collections and Artists have always said that for me.   I'm running this local on the server, I'll keep trying it though and see if it eventually comes back with something

Edit:  btw text thumbs are saving correctly now with no errors

Edited by FrostByte

chef

I need to streamline the code a bit. It is getting to bulky for what it is actually doing. That will probably fix the empty returns.

I also added an image list that allows you to choose which backdrop to use visually.

It's pretty cool.

Should have something better in a bit.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

TV path is fixed.

Text version and Logo version save for Movie and TV.

Only save issue left so far is saving clearart for TV and Movies still returns same error.

Text is definitely small

55cf8b7c7a57a_wings.jpg

55cf8c9a4d507_rescuedog.jpg

No Titles for Box sets and Music Artists.

Box set I have the plugin but the majority are done the old way.

When falling back to just text, I suggest moving it to the bottom and right justifying it.  It will be much more likely the image doesn't contain important elements at that position.  Also, putting some sort of darker screen behind it, or using a text shadow (if possible) would help readability on all backgrounds.

• Like 1

chef

How do you calculate the graphical size of text.

That is where I'm stuck. If I place the graphics in a bitmap it isn't transparent, but I can't figure out the width of the text when creating media item names on the fly.

@@ebr

I believe ImageMagick has everything you need to draw text at a specific size.  Maybe @t.andre can point you in the right direction.

chef

Darn, I should have been using image magick instead of the GDI+ this whole time. It's way better...

Actually, a little slow in the up take. I'm drawing string graphics when it should be simply a label.

Geez!

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

chef

Man oh man,

I didn't finish the Text issues yet,

I had to remove clearart to test this.

There is an Image list, so you can choose which backdrops you want to use in your thumbs now.   :)

Sometimes fetching the Backdrops takes some time, so if the program seems to be come unresponsive, because it isn't  threaded yet,  it isn't forever.  :blink:

• Like 1

FrostByte

Almost there, just a little off with the text.  Both text and logo movies save correctly

55cfee4a6d31f_thumb.jpg

55cff667284a9_kill.jpg

Still nothing back from Collections or Artists for me.  All Collections created with plugin or manually created using the metadata manager.  I have no boxsets per say

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

I noticed if you click on a movie title and an associated backdrop, then click on another movie but forget to click a backdrop before clicking "show thumb" it shows the backdrop from the first movie.  Maybe the backdrop field can be cleared when click a new movie?

Edit: Or maybe if you click a new movie the first backdrop could be selected as default

55cff1315a258_frosty.jpg

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

FrostByte

Is the image being resized before, or after the logo is pasted?  This was a 1280x720 image as source and the logo looks very large.  Wonder if the image was resized first it would look right?

55cff3db53077_ykm.jpg

chef

Good catch with the backdrops not changing. I will fix it.

The logo should change size based on the backdrop height and width, after resizing.

You are right, The "you kill me" thumb is way off and I'll read through to see why.

chef

1. This will take the first backdrop of the collection and make the thumb in case you don't choose one from the list of backdrop images.

2. Re-scaling Logos is now based on the size and shape of the logo over-lay:

example: Rectangle Logos which are longer then they are tall will re-size slightly larger, however square logos/logos which are taller then wide will scale down smaller.

Currently fixing Clear art and text graphics.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Is it possible it is remembering an old search list from memory or something?  Reason is I saved a thumb, closed the app, and then reran the app with another search and it still thought that movie was missing a thumb even though I could see it in the folder.  As another test I deleted a thumb I created yesterday, then closed the app and reran a search and it didn't see that the thumb was missing.  Once I rebooted the computer then all seemed to be good.

chef

After a thumb has been added or removed you'll have to run an emby media scan to pick iup the change. Once it appears in the emby metadata editor it won't show up in the list if added and vice versa.

I'll make sure that the dictionary of media items are cleared before each search, just to make sure it isn't on the thumb makers end of things.

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

chef

1. I fixed the Clear Art Saving problem, you can now choose Clear Art again (not as customizable as I originally intended, but they look good)

2. I took @@ebr s advice and used graphics to layer the Text to give it a Black drop shadow effect. It is subtle.

3. I also used Graphics to draw a transparent Rectangle around the Text version of the name, and tried to place it as close as I could in the bottom right.

Other fixes include:

- Wrapping text a third time for really long titles.

- The Image list is coded better.

The only thing that might still be a problem is there is no threading when loading the  Image list, so the program may become unresponsive for a moment. 

• Like 1

FrostByte

There are a few which do not wrap at the beginning of the word.  It almost seems like if it has a large word it's dealing with then it chops, if it's a small word that goes over then the word is brought down to the next line.  In the two thumbs that are wrong the words "Christmas Favourites" and "Mayflower Voyagers" was cut off.  That's just my observation on the ones that work and the ones that don't, it may not be correct. 

55d1409023552_text.jpg

On shorter titles that are only one line long the background shadow is still two lines big.  It's hard to see here, but it's there and I see it on others also

55d145a7784cd_text2.jpg

The shadow again is two lines even on very long titles which are 3 lines long.  Also, not sure why this one wrapped the third time, it appears it could fit in 2 lines

55d146c1c4b5f_text3.jpg

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

Happy2Play

There appears to be an issue with same name movies.  In the list it default to one of the movies, it flash the second movie backdrop but revert back to the other.  Hope that makes since.

55d14a3de6fac_samename.jpg

55d14a982e3e6_one.jpg

55d14aa36bfa7_two.jpg

• Like 1

chef

There are a few which do not wrap at the beginning of the word. It almost seems like if it has a large word it's dealing with then it chops, if it's a small word that goes over then the word is brought down to the next line. In the two thumbs that are wrong the words "Christmas Favourites" and "Mayflower Voyagers" was cut off. That's just my observation on the ones that work and the ones that don't, it may not be correct.

55d1409023552_text.jpg

On shorter titles that are only one line long the background shadow is still two lines big. It's hard to see here, but it's there and I see it on others also

55d145a7784cd_text2.jpg

The shadow again is two lines even on very long titles which are 3 lines long. Also, not sure why this one wrapped the third time, it appears it could fit in 2 lines

55d146c1c4b5f_text3.jpg

I was afraid of this. It looks like the condition is going to have to count letters instead of words.

• Like 1

chef

This should fix @@Happy2Play (s) dual movie bug. It's not as pretty in the List because the Id is now shown beside the name,  it should fix it.

Still major problems with text wrapping. There are a couple of conditions added which may sort out some text issues, but there will still be problems with the shaded rectangle under the text.

:)

• Like 1