batch convert fanart to thumb

Swynol

chef

Okay, I think then, if the program was setup to automatically run on a schedule (or just after a media scan completes) then using what the API returns as the item path should suffice.

The API will return local paths, or path-substitution paths.

I'll fix the save paths and get it to

Sorry it took a bit longer then expected to write, lol.

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

FrostByte

If I didn't sit close to my server, then I could always remotely control my server and run it locally just as easily

BTW: Are you taking requests? :)  Would it be easy to add Collections?

chef

Yep collections can be added easily.

I will add another list view window.

And I will get it to run automatically after an emby media scan, just in case the media scan can't find a thumb online, this will automatically generate one for you.

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

chef

Yep, I will add a checkbox to use clear art instead of backdrop and logo.

And a colour plalette to choose what colour to fill in around the clear art for the thumb.

Actually we can scan the clear art bitmap and get the most commonly used colour in it and use that as a background fill colour???

Edited by chef
  • Like 2

chef

Here is one that saves the image. But can only be run locally.

I added the boxset option and music artist option as well.

Still needs work on the text overlays.

All my box sets have thumbs so I can only speculate that it works okay.

I almost have clear art working, but not in this version.

I also, have almost finished a version which will run "auto-magically" and create any thumbs which are missing.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46151346/Thumb%20Maker.zip

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

FrostByte

1.  Collections comes back and says it found titles, but lists nothing.  I do have several Collections without thumbs so something should be listed.  I use the Collections plugin and not the old Boxset [ ] if that makes a difference.

55cd4a01d6069_thumb2.jpg

2.  I have just one movie thumb without a logo that still runs off.  The background is of size 1280x720.  The ones that work look to have backdrops all the normal size

55cd4abc2c643_thumb.jpg

3.  Thumbs are being saved size 500x281, though most movie thumbs are 1000x562.  Is 500x281 what you wanted?

4.  Music artist also came back "Found Titles" though list was blank even though I have many artists without a thumb

• Like 1

Happy2Play

I guess if you keep with the same scheme as fanart, Movie thumbs should be 1000x562 and TV thumbs 500x281.

I assume locally means any machine on your LAN.  Using on my desktop saves to my server.

• Like 2

Happy2Play

Any idea what this Unhandled exception is?  Could this be from manual boxsets? 

Only happens on movies.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value)
   at ThumbMaker.MediaLocator.VB$StateMachine_3_MovieNames.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__4(Object state)
Edited by Happy2Play

chef

This enlarges and saves the thumb images to a proper size of 1000x562, but still samples the thumb image small to fit the window.

Still working on text graphics and boxsets. 

I believe that the collection plugin maybe why there are no items returning from the query. 

chef

Any idea what this Unhandled exception is?  Could this be from manual boxsets? 

Only happens on movies.

System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value)
   at ThumbMaker.MediaLocator.VB$StateMachine_3_MovieNames.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__4(Object state)

This error is happening because the Media Item query from the API is returning two items with the same name.

Do you know which two Movies you have which might have the same name but are different?

I can fix it...

Edited by chef

chef

@@Happy2Play

I think this should stop the Duplicate Dictionary Entry error from happening now.

And also, if the type of thumb is for TV Series then the size is 500x281, and movies will be larger at 1000x562

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

FrostByte

Hmm...it's been searching for movies for 20 minutes now and hasn't come back yet.

Edit:  any way you can make it so you can drag the app to the side?

Edited by FrostByte

chef

yep, I'll look at the search again.

There isn't any Cancellation Tokens added for the Long running tasks... so you may have to quit the program and then start it again. 

Edited by chef

FrostByte

Movie thumbs now save at 1000x562.  I don't have an TV series without thumbs so can't test that.

The Donald Duck thumb I posted earlier with the small backdrop and no logo now displays correctly.  However, it errors when saving 

http://pastebin.com/KpvWeA6C

Edit: Actually all thumbs with text (no logo) get the error in the pasted link.  Thumbs with logo save correctly

Edited by FrostByte

Happy2Play

@@Happy2Play

I think this should stop the Duplicate Dictionary Entry error from happening now.

And also, if the type of thumb is for TV Series then the size is 500x281, and movies will be larger at 1000x562

the dublicate is probably my 2 Star Wars collections.  But no longer get error on scan.

I get the same error to save text as FrostByte.  Currently no text images are saving, Logo are saving.

Text appear at random sized.

chef

1. I got clear art thumbs working. But only with a black background. I'll get the color customizable shortly.

The clear art checkbox will only become enabled if there is clearart in the folder to use.

2. The reason the media Item Name text changes size when adding it to different backdrops was because the backdrops were different sizes.

Some would have been 1920x1080 and some would have been slightly smaller (1280x???). Now the text overlay is added after re-sizing.

Anyway, I think it is fixed. 

3. I made the form movable on the desktop.

It's pretty close to being useful.

Happy2Play

I still get unhandled exception when trying to save Item Name text (TV and Movies).  Same error with clearart selected (TV and Movies).  Backdrop + Logo saving ok for Movies but not for TV (no error but nothing is saved).

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at ThumbMaker.ShowThumb.VB$StateMachine_8_SaveButton_Click.MoveNext()
Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

Found TV's issues.  It is saving (backdrop+logo) thumb to the TV Series directory instead of the series directory.

Could the list be sorted alphabetically?

Edited by Happy2Play

chef

Yes I can sort the list alphabetically.

I had better fix that TV series tier issue quickly.

FrostByte

I'm getting "No Titles" for all options (Movies, TV, etc) though I have movies and Collections with no thumb file