Flac music missing

marc_al

marc_al

Hello,

I have created a Audio library (and also an undefined one) but when I select a directory with Flac only, there is no music (neither web player neither DLNA). The library is empty.

My music is put like that :

Directory with the Interpret name

Directory with Album name

Songs

Or sometimes

Directory with album nake

Songs

Am i doing someting wrong?

Thank you

Marc

did you specify Music as the library type? Can you show screenshots of the folders? thanks.

ginjaninja

do make sure your flac files are tagged, emby's music appreciation is intended to come from the tags in the first instance....mp3tag is a good utility to check and correct tags. If your tags are blank there are quick ways to resolve either using mp3tag's scripting language {to convert path to tag} or use Musicbrainz Picard to detect albums and tag from musicbrainz {useful as emby uses musicbrainz in its matching and fetching functions}

marc_al

Hello,

I have tried with the type "Music" and as it didn't work I created a second livrary with the same files and the type "Undefined" so I have 2 libraries at the moment.

I will do a test and report back (tomorrow as I have to leave now.).

Marc

marc_al

Hello,

The tags were correct, but I have seen a M3U file in the root of the music directory.

EDIT : NOT the case (see bottom) As soon as I have removed it and recreated the Music folder (as Undefined) all the files have appeared.

I have also seen that If I keep the music type (FLAC, MP3...) and after that the Singer then Album then music, all the files are grouped in the Music type (FLAC) I am still lookinbg for the problem.

EDIT : All the music files are merged into the main sub directory so I can only see one directory and all the songs are inside the directory.

For some directories, I can see the songs and can play them, for other there is no song (but by DLNA there are songs). Is there something I am missing?

Thank you

Marc

Edited by marc_al

marc_al

Hello,

I have seen the problem. The first directory MUST be the Singer. (it is compared to the MP3 tag). If there is a difference, the song won't appear. By DLNA there is no such limitation.

Marc

• Like 1