Error setting up Emby Connect

bmack36

bmack36

I am having an issue setting up emby connect. I initially didn't set up the link to the emby account when I did the initial install. Everything was funcitonal except for Emby connect. When I tried to setup emby connect, it gave me the error seen below. I tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling but it gave the same error. I have attached  the logs from the screenshot below.

556e524feed25_embyError.png

server-63568873982.txt

Thanks, I see the problem here. the server waits a few minutes before it checks in with the connect server. i will update this to happen sooner. in the meantime, you can either skip this field and do it later in the server dashboard under Users. Or just wait a few minutes and try again (keeping the server running).

bmack36

Hi I originally tried in the users screen since i hadn't created an emby account when i originally installed the program. It produced the same errors. I have attached the log trying to set it up in the users screen.

Thanks

server-63568873982.txt

M3gaman27

Since this thread has already been opened by somebody else. I don't want to start a new thread. I am also receiving this error. I am a new to Emby and started the installation process yesterday, but am receiving the error with Parameter "ConnectServerID". I skipped the EmbyConnect process and everything proceeded fine, but wanted to link my accounts and got this error. I tried uninstalling and re-installing and it did not work.

Emby Version: 3.0.5621.4 (Stable Release)

This is the error inside the log file:

015-06-02 18:43:25.0709 Error - HttpServer: Error processing request for /Startup/User
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 3.0.5621.4
    Command line: C:\Users\HIDDEN\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
    Processor count: 8
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: False
    Program data path: C:\Users\HIDDEN\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
    Application Path: C:\Users\HIDDEN\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
    Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: ConnectServerId
    ServiceStack.HttpError
    No Stack Trace Available

Attached log file below:

server-63568867323.txt

Edited by M3gaman27

Arcanthur

I am having the same exact issue.  New user, setup intially without signing up for Emby Connect.  Then later decided to sign up for remote connectivity and am having the same issue.  Hopefully this gets sorted out soon, love the software otherwise.

Matt & Emily

I am too facing the exact same issue on a rebuilt server (2012 R2) using my original account and one I have created purely to test this.

Any help would be hugely appreciated as I am completely stuck at the moment.

Matt & Emily

Just installed Emby on my Windows 8.1 laptop (i7, 24GB RAM, Nvidia 980m, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD) and it is having the exact same error.

Two machines having the same error on completely different machines sounds a little far-fetched, is there any way this could be a problem with the centralised systems rather than the local systems?

Spending a lot of time trying to get it up and running and not getting anywhere... Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Just installed Emby on my Windows 8.1 laptop (i7, 24GB RAM, Nvidia 980m, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD) and it is having the exact same error.

Two machines having the same error on completely different machines sounds a little far-fetched, is there any way this could be a problem with the centralised systems rather than the local systems?

Spending a lot of time trying to get it up and running and not getting anywhere... Any help would be hugely appreciated.

We are looking into it, thanks.

• Like 1

tornadotj

I know you are looking into it, but I'm having the same problem. I'll subscribe and monitor. I had it up and running for ages, but built a new server and now I'm getting this even after half an hour of the new server being up and running.

• Like 1

Arcanthur

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one experiencing this issue, hopefully this will be resolved soon as it seems to be a server side issue, or rather something is awry with the latest stable release.

• Like 1

Arcanthur

So, I'm not entirely sure which one of these things fixed the issue, but here is what I just did and Emby Connect now works.

I port forwarded 8096 and 8920 on my router, and also signed up for a noip account via my netgear router.  applied the settings and reentered my email in the Emby dashboard under users.

No more error.  I got the verification email and all is functional. 

Hope this helps :D

tornadotj

I double checked, I have those ports forwarded. I also have a dynamic dns entry, so that's not it either. I just tried again, and I got the same error.

mpm131

I just installed the server tonight and I am getting the same error entering my username into the server.  I was hoping to upgrade from media browser 2 tonight, but I think I will hold off until the error is resolved.

We are looking into it guys, apologies for the issue. Please note - the Connect feature is designed to make connectivity easy when away from home, as well as sharing with family and friends. You can still enjoy full use of the server within your home network without using the Connect feature. We will get it resolved as quickly as we can.

• Like 1

Is there someone here who might not mind installing a test version of the server so that I can collect a little more information? Thanks.

bmack36

I wouldn't mind installing it and testing out for you, but I won't be able to until 5pm eastern US time.

I can take a look at the new version if you want to send me the link.

Thanks. All you need to do is go to advanced -> set update level to dev. then restart the server and it should get the dev update. once you have that, please post the complete server log. thanks.

I'm now able to login to Emby Connect with no issues! :)

can you elaborate more? what did you do?

Matt & Emily

Nothing at all, just tried again on my existing installation on my server.

Waited 24 hours is all.

if you have server logs from yesterday available it would be helpful to see them so that we can learn more about what happened. the path to the logs is displayed on the front page of the server dashboard. thanks.

bmack36

I noticed that after switching to the dev update selection (it could have been there before) there was an extra field in the server information where it listed the remote access. It is working now for me though.