App connects on inactivity

Tranquil

Tranquil

Hello Devs.

My Mum, my girlfriend and I are using MBA.

Last week I found out, that the devices with MBA are connection to MBS even when the app is closed. I can see all clients connecting on the MBS Dashboard from time to time.

What is happening here? Can this be disabled? (Just waste traffic and battery power)

AmericanCrisis

I too would like to know what is up with this... I'm sure this is what is keeping my server from idling to sleep.  

Is the app really "closed" or not visible?  Apps on Android don't ever really "close" unless you force stop them with the interface.

Tranquil

I will give it a try today in which state this happens. Anyway, from my point of view, even when the app is in pause/ idle state for a later resume, why is there a connection made every x-minutes?

Tranquil

Back again:

I killed all running processes by freeing up the memory in the memory manager. It killed all running processes. After some minutes, I can see MBA running and connecting again with the last user logged in.

Taking a look in the Task Manager (which shows the preview pictures), MBA is not running. 

CashMoney

I see this from time to time as well, regardless if I've used MBA or not, and my android devices are set to reboot every 24 hours so MBA is definitely not running. I assumed it was something to do with sync although i don't use that either. Don't really see it as an issue but thought I'd post anyway. Ironically my kids use MBA a lot and no such problems, although I guess with all their usage I'd not notice anyway ;)