Hi, I realize that MBT was just released, and is still in Alpha, but I've noticed a couple things that aren't on the "to-do" list yet, and were small (but handy) features in MBC.
I haven't had much of a chance to play with MBT yet, but these are some things I've noticed so far, and will update this thread as I notice more:
- Keyboard Search
- Unless I've just missed this somehow (maybe there's a different way of doing things in MBT) There seems to be no keyboard search feature implemented yet, I find this feature extremely important, since browsing a large collection takes a very long time without a keyboard search feature.
- Fast-Scrolling through collections
- Another feature that I use every time I'm using MBC is (for lack of a better name) Fast-Scrolling. I use the Skip Forward/Skip Backward buttons on my remote to scroll through my media more quickly, instead of using the arrows to move through my collections one-by-one, I often use the Skip buttons to move through a few titles at a time, greatly speeding up the time it takes to browse my collections.
- More View-Options
- I'd find it nice to have a few more view options in certain areas. For example: I'd like to be able to switch to list view when entering a TV Series that only contains one season, instead of the thumb-strip view it defaults to. Having the choice to pick any of the view options, no matter what part of a collection you are looking at would be a nice addition to MBT in my opinion.
- Back to logon screen
- It would also be nice to be able to use the back button at the main screen to take you back to the logon screen to switch users. Having a "Are you sure you want to sign out?" Prompt would be a nice touch as well.
- Pressing "Up" on the remote to get to settings, etc...
- Fairly self-explanatory, I know you can press "Up" on the remote/keyboard to access the settings buttons, etc. But right now it depends on which part of the screen is currently in-focus, ie. you need to be far enough to the right before you are able to go up to the very top where these buttons are located. Being able to get to these buttons whether you are currently on the left, center, or right side of the screen would make things quicker, and easier.
- Upcoming TV
- Not really a feature request, more of a question. I'm not too sure about the Upcoming TV section. I'd assume it would show me upcoming episodes of series' I have in my collection, but it seems to show a random selection of TV Series in my collection, some with new episodes, some that are ended.
- Selection going out of focus
- One issue I've found, which isn't a big deal, since the client is still in Alpha, and there's obviously going to be some small issues still, is: Sometimes my current on-screen selection; whether it's a tile, or a media selection, goes out of focus, and I'm no longer able to use my remote, until I move the mouse cursor over a tile or something, to re-select a tile. Then I'm able to continue using my remote like usual.
Obviously, being in the early stages of MBT there's still going to be lots of room for improvement, and it's coming along great so far. I don't expect a ton of feature requests to be implemented right away, I just figured I'd throw some ideas out there for a few things I noticed would make the experience better!
Thanks to all the Devs and everyone working on this project, great job!