HTTP Request Headers

Redshirt

Redshirt

I'm trying to get an HTTP 302 out of the server for a week now. I'd love some direction as to what headers to use.

If I set "Cache-Control" to "only-if-cached" then it always pulls from the cache. If I get no image then I try again with "Cache-Control" set to "max-age=0". This is far less than optimal because it means the client will never check for new images once it has a cached copy.

I've tried "if-not-modified" which doesn't seem to do anything. The request is still made to the server and a HTTP 200 generated.

I'm thinking the combination of "only-if-cached" + "max-stale=1209600" (14-days) will work best for me, but I'd still like to see the performance cost of validating with the server before I go that route.

Don't you mean 304? 302 is a redirect code.

I haven't added support for if not modified but I can.

Try if modified since to get a 304

Http caching doesn't appear to be working at all right now. I brought up latest client and server and the UI was re-downloading images every time they went off screen - very slowly.

Yea, the server's fine, but for some reason the ui is not caching the response. I'll get to it soon when i'm back in the ui.