We have a logo!

ebr

CBers

Is someone going to change the branding on the forum? Everything else I've seen has changed, except that.

It has.

Have you tried clearing your browser cache?

• Like 1

attachicon.gifindex.png

Was bored at work, had a play. Have spaced all the same, have lined the green tip with top bar of e, white tip with centre of e bar. Can't realign the white play within green lozenge, as it messes with spacing proportions within the four squares that make the green diamond.

OmLzxEm.png

Can you give it to us in a psd at high resolution?

Angelblue05

If you pm me the font i'll vectorize it. I already gave Luke the vectorized icon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angelblue05

Thank you badaas. I vectorized your version of the Emby logo because the spacing was excellent. Good job again. I really like the logo now. :)

556bebeedfcdf_demo.jpg

I've attached a zip containing the vectorized and .png of the logo Icon and full logo/white.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 5

IMO the text is too close to the icon now.  Needs a little bit of air.

Also, I dimmed the white on the version for black backgrounds so that it wasn't so stark.

badaas

Thank you badaas. I vectorized your version of the Emby logo because the spacing was excellent. Good job again. I really like the logo now. :)

556bebeedfcdf_demo.jpg

I've attached a zip containing the vectorized and .png of the logo Icon and full logo/white.

Excellent, sorry havent had time to work on this. Thanks for doing it for me! :D

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Also, I dimmed the white on the version for black backgrounds so that it wasn't so stark.

@@ebr The icon close like this makes it look as one identity instead of icon/emby. If you want me to modify the vector for the color, let me know, but I'd leave as is for the spacing between logo/emby or as close as possible. :)

Another thing I also like is that with the icon closer, it gives meaning to the logo, almost like "play Emby" or "select Emby".

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

I don't mind having it closer than it is currently but your version is almost touching and it looks uncomfortable to me.  The text needs to be nudged just a bit further out.

badaas

But then it looks disembodied. You'll never use the text 'emby' on it's own without the logo, so why move it away? It's the same the world over. Have a vote?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=logos&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=6sltVbnNJOWe7gausYOgBA&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=604#tbm=isch&q=corporate+logo+design&revid=2025369551

Quickly this has twice the space (+10px = 20px gap). I think that maximum before it starts drifting off on it's own.

EfaGxKq.jpg

Edited by badaas
  • Like 2

Latchmor

But the 3rd hit on your search link shows this, which shows it further away... I agree that the logo on top of these forum pages has the text too far away but I also agree with ebr that I don't think it looks good so close to touching.

556dcaae1f2e0_Capture.jpg

• Like 1

But then it looks disembodied. You'll never use the text 'emby' on it's own without the logo, so why move it away? It's the same the world over. Have a vote?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=logos&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=6sltVbnNJOWe7gausYOgBA&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=604#tbm=isch&q=corporate+logo+design&revid=2025369551

It just needs to be moved about half way between where it was and where it is in the suggested.  All of the examples in that search have more air between icon and text than the proposed one here.

For example look how much closer ours is than this one:

556dcc28dcc9e_exampleclose.png

556dcc33de071_embyclose.png

I appreciate the other adjustments.  This one just is a bit too much and feels uncomfortable to me.

• Like 2

badaas

20px

EfaGxKq.jpg

25px

CApnbHb.jpg

30px

biU8pJI.jpg

Angelblue is welcome to vectorise etc, just move the text 5,10,15 or w/e right ;)

Edited by badaas
  • Like 3

Angelblue05

Alright, I'll increase to 20px :)

@@ebr you said you changed the white to a different tone? is it the one on the forums? #fdfdfd

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

It looks great. If Ebr's happy, I'm happy. And I'll put it to use asap. Although I'm afraid I'm burnt out from replacing graphics in the server, android, ios, roku. unless someone wants to help it could be some time before i get to it. but certainly for anything new going forward, i'll use this.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Do you just replace the ones found in github? I can help make the changes quicker. :)

you can submit a pull request and replace these:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Roku/tree/master/images/channel

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Roku/blob/master/images/themes/default/sd-logo.png

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Roku/blob/master/images/themes/default/hd-logo.png

the new images need to be exact same format, same resolution, with the logo positioned in roughly the same places, and you have to be careful not to increase the file sizes too much. that's just roku :)

• Like 1

the dev server has the new tray icon but as you'll see it's really jaggy and needs help. maybe at that tiny size we should consider not having the jagged edges

• Like 1

Angelblue05

@@Luke I'm not sure how you want me to handle this one.... Both logos are the same width and height. The new logo is less wide than the Mediabrowser one.... so it allows emby to be bigger.... Is this ok? :P It's the only one I was uncertain about because to maintain the ratio, it changes the proportions.

556eaf94aa816_hdlogo1.png

556eafa157109_hdlogo2.png

Edited by Angelblue05

ScottIsAFool

the dev server has the new tray icon but as you'll see it's really jaggy and needs help. maybe at that tiny size we should consider not having the jagged edges

The splash screen and the ServerApplication's icon needs updating too.

• Like 1