We have a logo!

ebr

CBers

I see the new logo fine here.

Yep, looks like it's been changed.

• Like 1

Is there a reason the spacing between the M and the B is wider then the rest?

I have to really look hard to see it and that is probably why.  I think people's eyes on text are probably drawn to the baseline of the letters and this spacing is due to the fact that the "e" has the bottom arc of the letter cut off before it gets to the top "face".  So, if you look at the baselines the amount of space between those three characters is pretty much identical.

sydlexius

I have to really look hard to see it and that is probably why.  I think people's eyes on text are probably drawn to the baseline of the letters and this spacing is due to the fact that the "e" has the bottom arc of the letter cut off before it gets to the top "face".  So, if you look at the baselines the amount of space between those three characters is pretty much identical.

I have to agree that the kerning was done incorrectly.  There's no consistency with any of the spaces.

• Like 2

saitoh183

Congratulations

I really wish I thought it looked good or even decent

I agree...you guys said you didnt want a log that people associate to other products, yet this has the same look as Kodi. Instead of a K you put a Arrow 

xnappo

Please fix the logo to text spacing and text kerning.  On the forum at the top it is all out of wack.

• Like 2

xnappo

Much better on the text.

To my eye, the logo needs to be moved up so the center of the triangle lines up the the line in the 'e'.  I also think the logo needs to be a smidge closer to the text.

• Like 1

Koleckai Silvestri

Congratulations

I really wish I thought it looked good or even decent

It is what it is. Personally, I thought some of the others submitted were really nice but it isn't my project.

Lee

Meh... New name and new logo don't do it for me, fortunately the functionality is awesome so who cares!?

• Like 5

Meh... New name and new logo don't do it for me, fortunately the functionality is awesome so who cares!?

Exactly!

xnappo

I do find it funny that after all the comments about not looking like Kodi and not looking like Plex, we ended up with something that looks like a combination of the two :)

But I don't hate it.

• Like 3

I do find it funny that after all the comments about not looking like Kodi and not looking like Plex, we ended up with something that looks like a combination of the two :)

But I don't hate it.

It did bother me first, then really what matters the operational of the software we use, not the logo or the name, I will be happy as long Luke, Ebr, and you guys keep dev these great products.

sahebk

Oh wow! I just noticed that my design was chosen. Thanks guys, I really appreciate the positive response! All the other submissions were really awesome so I agree that it was a hard process narrowing down a design that fit. Thanks again to @@ebr, the rest of the admins and the whole community.

• Like 7

mangis

Are you guys going to be changing over the colours in everything else to match the new logo ?

I'm liking the logo and I know it's only just been chosen and changing everything takes time but to me the new logo with the old blue, even here on the forums is quite jarring.

Edited by mangis

aspdend

I must say, when you selected the new logo, I was a tad disappointed as it was not one of my favourites - but hey, I appreciate the fact that it wasn't selected to please me!  :)

However, now that the branding has appeared in various elements of the interfaces, it has grown on me and I really don't have an issue with it, I think I may even like it! It's definitely an improvement and looks more professional to my mind!

Are you guys going to be changing over the colours in everything else to match the new logo ?

I'm liking the logo and I know it's only just been chosen and changing everything takes time but to me the new logo with the old blue, even here on the forums is quite jarring.

The green has always been our accent color so I don't think the forum theme is going to be changing.  Note that several accent elements in the forum are already (and have been) green.

techywarrior

Also, if all the blue on the forum changed to green I think it would actually look really ugly. Green is not really a great color to be the dominant color on a webpage (in my opinion).

xnappo

I think the logo green should change to the forum green.  The points of the logo need to be aligned.  The spacing in the m and b need to be fixed.  The play symbol needs to line up with the line in the 'e'. 

• Like 1

Angelblue05

5568b67fd46b6_tapatalk.png

When I grow up, I want to be just like you, Kodi!  :lol:

Oh well, it is what it is, still a great product...

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

badaas

post-41306-0-34753700-1433051409_thumb.png

Was bored at work, had a play. Have spaced all the same, have lined the green tip with top bar of e, white tip with centre of e bar. Can't realign the white play within green lozenge, as it messes with spacing proportions within the four squares that make the green diamond.

OmLzxEm.png

Edited by badaas
  • Like 7

yardameus

Is someone going to change the branding on the forum?  Everything else I've seen has changed, except that.