How does Emby scrape media details?

elsmandino

elsmandino

Hi,

I am using Argus TV for all my recordings and, depending on the type of programme, recordings are made as follows:

* TV/Series Name/Season-Episode-Series Name-Episode Name-Date-Time

* Movies/Movie Name/Movie Name

I have set Emby to watch the TV and Movie folder and scraping seems to have gone well so far.

Having looked at the recommended file structure, I note that movies should be in the format "Movie Name - Year". 

1. Is Emby able to use the secondary XML Epg file that Argus creates to work out what year the film was made?

2. If not, is there any way (or program) I can use to inject the year from the XML file into the file name?

Thanks

The year is not required.  It just helps differentiate from movies with the same (or a very similar) name.

Deathsquirrel

The year really just helps the server identify which movie it's dealing with when dealing with remakes and other situations with the same title.  For example Conan the Barbarian (1982) and Conan the Barbarian (2011)...I would not want  to get the two mixed up and watch the wrong, ever so wrong, one.

As for your question one, I don't think so.  I think it only understands the .NFO file format used by Kodi and the Movie.xml format from metabrowser/MB 2.x.