Customize Metadata

altramarine

altramarine

Hello,

I have a question regarding Metadata Manager.

I would like to convert my TV/Movie BluRay collection of BattleStar Gallactica (2003) to display in a custom order in Emby for ultimate enjoyment.

This particular show/movie was released across several years in a form of single movies, webisodes and TV show series. In order to TRULY enjoy it, a chronological order in which you watch the show has to be established. This is the order.

Examples of what i am after:

• I need to have 2-episodes mini-series injected before the Season 01 of the TV show.
  • I need to have a movie injected in the middle of the Season 02 TV show.
  • I need to have a multiple webisodes injected between Season 02 and Season 03 of the TV show.

As per Thetvdb, all of the odd movies, webisodes are just shoved into "Special" which is the wrong way, so meta scraping is going to be all wrong.

Question:

What would be the least painful route to have the above achieved?

Thanks a million,

start with season folders, including season 0, then use the metadata manager for the specials to control where they are displayed. after you're done you'll probably need to lock them to prevent future changes.

• Like 1

Vidman

Hello,

I have a question regarding Metadata Manager.

I would like to convert my TV/Movie BluRay collection of BattleStar Gallactica (2003) to display in a custom order in Emby for ultimate enjoyment.

This particular show/movie was released across several years in a form of single movies, webisodes and TV show series. In order to TRULY enjoy it, a chronological order in which you watch the show has to be established. This is the order.

Examples of what i am after:

• I need to have 2-episodes mini-series injected before the Season 01 of the TV show.
  • I need to have a movie injected in the middle of the Season 02 TV show.
  • I need to have a multiple webisodes injected between Season 02 and Season 03 of the TV show.
As per Thetvdb, all of the odd movies, webisodes are just shoved into "Special" which is the wrong way, so meta scraping is going to be all wrong.

Question:

What would be the least painful route to have the above achieved?

Thanks a million,

you will notice if you go to the info of each item in the specials season in tvdb that they have "airs before" and / or "airs after" info, emby server will use this info to inject these episodes into the correct viewing order, so you should just organise them the same as tvdb , let emby download metadata from tvdb and you will find it will all work perfectly.

FYI I am speaking from experience, I have BSG organised this way and works perfect for me

Edited by Vidman
  • Like 1

altramarine

Thank you very much.

Both replies are very helpful.

I am experimenting with it now.