Best (or any) way to export watched status Kodi>Emby

ferzal

ferzal

I've been looking for a centralised backend>frontend solution for a long time and the maturing Emby for Kodi plugin looks like it may hold the key at last.  Impressive work and great progress!  Currently my home network is running Kodi via MySQL which works brilliantly locally of course but isn't the total solution that Emby/Kodi is.  So I want to switch. 

The problem I have currently is facing the task of updating watched status in Emby.  I really do not want to do this manually as it will take a long, long, tedious time.  Is there any way to export the states from Kodi and import to Emby?

Angelblue05

If you export your library metadata to nfo (separate files) and scan your library in Emby server with them. It should reinstate your playstates.... However I suggest to wait until probably next server update since there is a discrepancy between how Kodi handles watch status via <playcount> and how Emby server imports them via <watched>. This should be fix shortly.

But yes, Emby for Kodi would be what you are looking for, it completely replaces the need for MySQL. Emby server handles everything while Kodi is there as a beautiful media player. It's a dream come true! :)

ferzal

Interesting.  Thanks for the tip.  I'll see if I can work out how to get Kodi to create just nfo metadata.  The only other solution I was considering seemed destined for all sorts of problems - using Trakt plugins.  If that worked it would mean I wouldn't have to wait for the server update I guess.  But I'll be doing some testing first anyway since Emby is all shiny and new to me so I may just wait and try your suggestion.  Thanks again.

Angelblue05

True, the Trakt plugin is another solution. Just make sure you backup important stuff like your database files. Just in case :) Let us know what you think of Emby for Kodi when you try it out.