Automatic Client Update

JustEric78

JustEric78

I would really love to see the server detect local clients and automatically update them. As often as the product updates I would love to download the server and have it detect clients then download and push updates to those clients based off of settings in the server UI similar to server/client based anti virus programs. I wouldn't assume this would be a horrible thing to code and I thought I would bring it up in case it had not been thought of previously. Thanks for your time in reading!

Koleckai Silvestri

Don't your clients have their own update systems? I never have to update the clients on my tablets or rokus. They just update when a new copy is sent to the store. Even Theater updates when it is run.

JustEric78

Is that a setting somewhere? I get messages when opening Emby for WMC saying that an update is available and if I want to shutdown and install it on a regular basis.

If that's the case, you probably have your update level set to beta or dev. if you set it to stable the updates will be far less frequent, probably just once or twice a month.

Emby for WMC cannot automatically update unattended because it requires a true installer and user elevation.  So it has an automatic check and notification system so you just have to click a button.