Support reading .actors folder within movie folder for images of people

hurricanehrndz

hurricanehrndz

I was wondering if the metadata scraper or library scanner could scan a .actors folder within each movie to populate it imagesbyname folder.

• 6 years later...
Happy2Play

It is a good idea, but Emby is now adding the tmdb providerid to person name in people folder to allow for same name actors.  So how would your .actor folder accommodate for this?  I really have no idea how the .actor folder is generated, but can assume with a lot of the same concept as Emby is currently using as it is coming from TMDB item metadata.  But are .actor folder just by name actors?  So how is a same named actors suppose to be handled?

TallBoiDez

Is the peoplebackup plugin ever going to update so i can restore my actors from the .actors folder

Happy2Play
7 minutes ago, TallBoiDez said:

Is the peoplebackup plugin ever going to update so i can restore my actors from the .actors folder

It may but that is up to the dev that created it.

gillmacca01
5 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

It is a good idea, but Emby is now adding the tmdb providerid to person name in people folder to allow for same name actors.  So how would your .actor folder accommodate for this?  I really have no idea how the .actor folder is generated, but can assume with a lot of the same concept as Emby is currently using as it is coming from TMDB item metadata.  But are .actor folder just by name actors?  So how is a same named actors suppose to be handled?

Sorry to hijack this thread, but a quick question.

If an actor is not on tmbd, but is on imdb, can I add the imdb id (example: john smith imdb111154)?

I know Emby does not really use imdb, but this is for manually adding actor images

• Agree 1

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, gillmacca01 said:

Sorry to hijack this thread, but a quick question.

If an actor is not on tmbd, but is on imdb, can I add the imdb id (example: john smith imdb111154)?

I know Emby does not really use imdb, but this is for manually adding actor images

Good question as that is what I do when I come across them, but in reality don't know if they will ever be used in say a rebuild as the metadata gotten for the item will have no match.  @Lukedoes that sound right?

pünktchen
8 hours ago, TallBoiDez said:

Yes, it will be updated.

olympus1
On 5/31/2021 at 5:47 AM, Happy2Play said:

It is a good idea, but Emby is now adding the tmdb providerid to person name in people folder to allow for same name actors. 

Awesome, can't wait this way of people folder organizing to work without relying to online scrapers and only with nfos.

As far as I understand it will work without online scrapers when Emby adds the feature to parse the tmdbid from actor tags of the nfo files?

Edited by olympus1

TallBoiDez
On 5/31/2021 at 6:57 AM, pünktchen said:

Yes, it will be updated.

@pünktchen thanks, I and everyone that's uses this plugin really appreciate this and all the hard work you do. 

• 2 years later...

Emby Server 4.8 will support the .actors folder in a read-only fashion, meaning it will be able to use images from the .actors folder underneath a series or movie folder. The Emby Server database is still the same as before, meaning it's still one image per actor. That means if you have an actor that appears in multiple movies or series, it will be one shared image that is used in all places, and it will be whichever one happens to get scanned in first. But this will allow for basic support of the .actors folder convention.

• Like 1