Version 3.0.5607.0

user29

user29

hi,

Something has made all my movies now appear as TV series i can see this 2 ways - 1) cover art thinks they are now are TVseries , and pressing enter starts them movies instead of going into the details (as it would if there was one episode).

Any thoughts?

This behaviour is in all clients (i.e all clients see the movies as tvseries)

Edited by user29

techywarrior

A change was made in the parsing of episode titles. If you have your media in a mixed content folder and the movies have the year in their file/folder name it is probably detecting the year as a episode number.

Best recommendations are to change the library type to Movies instead of mixed content or to remove the year from the file/folder names.

This is already being talked about in the beta build thread so you can discuss there if you would like.

• Like 1

pissedoff_stopchanging

Hi

This happened before on another autop updated version of mb3 server

There was a major blacklash then from users complaining that all their media was no not diaplsying correctly and couldnt be accessed properly

There was then eventually a fix made for the update to put it back the way it was

I would like again a fix to put it back the way it was

There is no way i am going thorugh all my collections and folders 5000+ and changing everything because they decided to change something in the background

Once again poor revison management - Please fix or again might have to start looking at alternative products

If it aint broke dont fix it - or atleast leave previous support as it was without forcing people to change their entire library setup which has worked fine for years and is setup exactly how they like it

(easier to just change to another software product than do what what is suggested as the fix for many long time useres with massive libraries)

I fail to see why the user has to go make a heap of changes and waste alot of time to change things when the software worked just fine before

Hi

There was a major blacklash then from users complaining that all their media was no not diaplsying correctly and couldnt be accessed properly

There was then eventually a fix made for the update to put it back the way it was

There is no way i am going thorugh all my collections and folders 5000+ and changing everything because they decided to change something in the background

Once again poor revison management - Please fix or again might have to start looking at alternative products

If it aint broke dont fix it - or atleast leave previous support as it was without forcing people to change their entire library setup which has worked fine for years and is setup exactly how they like it

(easier to just change to another software product than do what what is suggested as the fix for many long time useres with massive libraries)

I fail to see why the user has to go make a heap of changes and waste alot of time to change things when the software worked just fine before

Have you looked at this thread? I guess we might as well merge them.

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/21192-most-of-my-movies-say-season1-episode1

It is just a bug that slipped through the dev test group and into the beta group. Thank you for helping to test the beta build to ensure it will be the best that it can be once it reaches the stable audience.

JeremyFr79

Hi

You know as someone who LOVE's Emby and all the amazing work the development team has done with it, it really irks me to see people bitch and moan about a product that 1.) IS FREE!!! and 2.) Is in constant development!  Sometimes stuff breaks more often than not ON ACCIDENT, get over it, get over yourself and roll with the punches like the rest of us do, or go to a different product (of which most I know for a fact charge)  It's really that simple.

• Like 1

techywarrior

You know as someone who LOVE's Emby and all the amazing work the development team has done with it, it really irks me to see people bitch and moan about a product that 1.) IS FREE!!! and 2.) Is in constant development!  Sometimes stuff breaks more often than not ON ACCIDENT, get over it, get over yourself and roll with the punches like the rest of us do, or go to a different product (of which most I know for a fact charge)  It's really that simple.

Don't be so hard on people complaining. If no one ever complained nothing would get fixed. Sometimes stuff just is missed. Luke already had given a fix to another thread that had this problem. I didn't know about the fix. I think at the time I responded the fix wasn't made yet and I gave a response based on other information.

Now, to the person who did complain. You are running the BETA build. The beta build is for TESTING. Most major issues will have been fixed in the development builds but stuff still makes it through to beta. That's what beta is for. Wider testing of the changes. If you are unwilling to give constructive criticism then simply stay on the stable (release) branch. That way when things change you will at minimum have weeks or months of notice and anything that inadvertently breaks things will have been reported by the dev and beta testers.

The intention of the devs is never to break things unless they absolutely must. In the past there have been some times when that has happened but 99% of the time they will leave in a legacy option.

This was really a case of specific setups not being fully tested in the dev branches (it was not as simple as just a mixed content library. There was more to it then just that).

People on release will see nothing different. Those willing to help test on dev and beta will have some breakage... but that's what the job of a tester is!