Directplay with special characters

phonk

Angelblue05

Ok what options did you enable in the addon settings? Do you have play from http enabled in the playback tab? If so then disable it and see if it direct plays instead. That's the only thing that would stop direct play from happening other than Kodi not being able to find the actual file to play it directly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

e123enitan

Ok what options did you enable in the addon settings? Do you have play from http enabled in the playback tab? If so then disable it and see if it direct plays instead. That's the only thing that would stop direct play from happening other than Kodi not being able to find the actual file to play it directly.

I am not sure, I will check when I get and report back when I get including log file

Cheers mate

Edited by e123enitan

Angelblue05

@@e123enitan everything in your log is set to direct play so it is something else. I see a lot of "attempts to use invalid handles" in your log so maybe that's what is causing delays in the first place. The files you though were not direct playing, where did you start playing them? From a widget? From the library?

Angelblue05

If you were launching playback from a video node like next up or in progress, etc, let me know. :)

e123enitan

If you were launching playback from a video node like next up or in progress, etc, let me know. :)

I launched from progress, but after the new server update, I noticed an improvement, but I still, see "emby stream" when I launched play. Correct my ignorant, I thought when it displayed stream this mean emby addon play is to http, but why then do I see stream when my setup is direct, i am missing something? It is confussing? Could you clarify-Thanks

Edited by e123enitan

Angelblue05

When you mouseover the Kodi device under active device in your Emby dashboard, what does it say?

Direct play - Kodi bypasses the server to playback the file. Only available if the file is accessible from Kodi and Play from HTTP is not enabled.

Direct stream - Kodi could not find the file from the device or Play from HTTP is enabled. The file is streamed as is, there is no modifications done to the file.

Transcoding - Kodi can pretty much play any format so this one should only happen if the Play from HTTP is enabled and you've set a really low bitrate video quality in the addon settings > playback tab. This will force Emby server to reincode the file into a lower quality version to playback on Kodi.

However, when I look at your logs, everything is Directly played, meaning it's using smb protocol (over your network) to playback the file. It's also being reported to the server as Direct play so I don't know what you mean by emby stream. Can you explain where you see this term from? Thanks :)

Edited by Angelblue05

e123enitan

When you mouseover the Kodi device under active device in your Emby dashboard, what does it say?

Direct play - Kodi bypasses the server to playback the file. Only available if the file is accessible from Kodi and Play from HTTP is not enabled.

Direct stream - Kodi could not find the file from the device or Play from HTTP is enabled. The file is streamed as is, there is no modifications done to the file.

Transcoding - Kodi can pretty much play any format so this one should only happen if the Play from HTTP is enabled and you've set a really low bitrate video quality in the addon settings > playback tab. This will force Emby server to reincode the file into a lower quality version to playback on Kodi.

However, when I look at your logs, everything is Directly played, meaning it's using smb protocol (over your network) to playback the file. It's also being reported to the server as Direct play so I don't know what you mean by emby stream. Can you explain where you see this term from? Thanks :)

I will capture the screen shot and post,coz  I am certain Kodi displayed stream ;)  when I launch play, pls stay tune.

Thanks

xnappo

I think what you are referring to is the dialog that says:

'Opening Stream'

Yes?

Kodi seems to display that any time playback doesn't start within a certain period of time.  Possibly something in our play routine is taking more time that usual?

• Like 1

Angelblue05

@@xnappo

This would make sense....

I've posted before:

@@e123enitan everything in your log is set to direct play so it is something else. I see a lot of "attempts to use invalid handles" in your log so maybe that's what is causing delays in the first place. The files you though were not direct playing, where did you start playing them? From a widget? From the library?

Something is not being set correctly somewhere. We need to figure what, because that's what causing the delays I think.  :wacko: And possibly has to do with in progress window? 

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Can you set your log to debug in the addon settings and share your log? I'm sorry, I've retried with the example names in this thread and everything was working for me.... Apparently it wasn't working for everyone, so I'm still trying to fix it.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Oops, that's my bad. I forgot to change something. Try again, it should go this time :) 

• Like 1

Angelblue05

In your debug log, what is the line right before File is direct playing. Is it "Path exists." or "Can't verify path. Still try direct play."?

Edited by Angelblue05