Unable to pause with remote

Jooced

It's actually a focus error where MBT is maximized but doesnt have current focus click the mouse in the window and then try pausing again...

It's actually a focus error where MBT is maximized but doesnt have current focus click the mouse in the window and then try pausing again...

As noted in the very first post, the play/pause button does cause the osd to briefly appear on the screen, this would indicate it is not a focus issue.  It just does not pause as it should.  Mapping the space key to my remote does work for pause where the default pause/play does not work - this would not be the case if it were window focus issue.

I've experienced this first hand exact same thing, upon clicking in the MBT window with a mouse, problems with remote were resolved...

Well, I'll be damned.  You are right - mostly, I think.  Indeed clicking the screen while a movie is playing will cause the play/pause toggle to work correctly.  I am not sure this is purely a focus issue though - as the other remote commands work fine - which they wouldn't if MBT didn't have focus.  @@Luke here is what I am noticing.

1. MBT launches full screen and does in fact have focus - as the remote works for all other command I try.

2. Play a movie, my mapped space bar key will play/pause the show no problem. But the mce play/pause toggle will only very briefly pause the show (less than a second) before starting to play again.

3. As Delphi notes, if you now click the screen while the movie is playing, the play pause toggle will start to work properly.

4. If you stop the movie and then resume it from the details screen, again the play/pause toggle will fail to work until you again click the screen.

Strange.

thousandbuckle

Hello All....I am seeing the same thing with my Windows Media Remote (http://www.amazon.co...=windows remote). On this remote there is a separate play and pause button and all functions work except for the pause button.

If I click on the movie playing with the mouse pointer the pause button works as the others are confirming also. 

AxelAxel3

I too am seeing this problem. 

I have noticed that it will pause for a fraction of a second then play again. 

My remote is a single button for pause/play.

• 2 weeks later...
nicko84

The photo below is the remote I'm using along with its official IR receiver, its a single play/pause button. It use to work with WMC just fine, that's why I thought it may be a bug.

Thanks.

528accf6f3f5c_Remote.jpg

Hi !

Same issue with the same remote control.

Play/Pause button works fine with MCE, XBMC, MPC-HC and VLC...but not with the last dev of MB Theater.

I can't pause the video with play/pause button...it looks like a bug...

Thanks for your help

Best Regards

I have the same problem with a HP Media Center Remote and using LM Remote Keymap to remap to customize the remote. When i map "Media Pause" to the pause button it show the same pause problem in MBT, then if i map "Space" it pauses without a problem. Also if im in start menu (windows 8) the "Media Pause" command works fine.

Dempsey

"space" isn't an option for me when mapping my Harmony 900 hard buttons. I'm under my own "Watch HTPC" activity, trying to map the pause button with device "Media Center PC" (Set up as Microsoft Windows Media Center SE) and the drop-down list doesn't include "space". Any advice? Thanks

foghat

"space" isn't an option for me when mapping my Harmony 900 hard buttons. I'm under my own "Watch HTPC" activity, trying to map the pause button with device "Media Center PC" (Set up as Microsoft Windows Media Center SE) and the drop-down list doesn't include "space". Any advice? Thanks

It's been awhile since I've used a Harmony.  But pretty sure there is an MCE Keyboard option when adding a new device.  MCE Keyboard should have space.

Dempsey

It's been awhile since I've used a Harmony.  But pretty sure there is an MCE Keyboard option when adding a new device.  MCE Keyboard should have space.

Thanks for the reply. I have my HTPC set up in the Harmony software as Device --> Computer --> Media Center PC --> Microsoft --> "Microsoft Windows Media Center SE" in the text for the model number. Off the top of my head that's what it is. So I should be entering something else in the text area where you type in the model number? I hope this all makes sense.

Thanks

foghat

Thanks for the reply. I have my HTPC set up in the Harmony software as Device --> Computer --> Media Center PC --> Microsoft --> "Microsoft Windows Media Center SE" in the text for the model number. Off the top of my head that's what it is. So I should be entering something else in the text area where you type in the model number? I hope this all makes sense.

Thanks

It used to be just 'MCE Keyboard'.  Try entering that instead of Microsoft Windows Media Center SE.  Obviously you can keep the Microsoft Windows Media Center SE device and just add the keyboard in addition to.

Though, I may have been premature in stating mce keyboard has a space.  Not sure if this is a list of all commands, but no space.... mind you post is quite old so who knows.  Give it a try and see.

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmony-Remotes/Media-Center-Edition-IR-Keyboard/td-p/346410

Is there any fix for this yet? My Harmony 900 pause/play works for every other media player but still not MBT. I gave up using MBT three weeks ago, tried again last night and the problem remains. Using a keyboard/mouse as well as a remote is not particularly family friendly and when my missus wanted a comfort break in the middle of a film I got a bit of an ear bashing along the lines of  "too complicated", "I can't work this when you are out", "stop changing things" etc etc. Back to MB3 Classic for us I'm afraid.

Sorry no fix for this yet,I am in a similar boat and MBC has the WAF,

You have to remember this is still in the alpha stage as well.I can tell you things are being worked on but this is not on top of the tree atm.

Latchmor

Mmm, strange I have recently bought a Harmony Smart Control and I was using it last night with MBT and no problems with any of the buttons I used (inc pause). It is set up the same as Dempsey mentions above "Media Center PC --> Microsoft --> "Microsoft Windows Media Center SE"

I'm on Dev version of MBT if that makes any difference...

Cheers