What Would Happen If I Recursive Deleted All *.xml Files?

Netbug

So I'm still having issues with incorrect meta data on movies and shorts.

At this point, I think I'd like to just wipe the 2000 or so movies' meta data.

If I do a recursive delete of *.xml for the two offending directories (movies, shorts), how long would a rebuild take? Do I need to, or can I, force a rebuild?

Is there a better way to do this other than doing the command from the command prompt?

Edited by Netbug

you don't need to delete anything. just go to the edit page of an entire collection and click refresh. only problem is right now you won't see progress reporting on that, but it will work just the same.

Ah. Ok. I'll let that run.

Will that correct the issue with "Date Added" being incorrect? That's not retrieved from the internet sources and that's what's causing the problems.

That's why I thought I would have to delete them all.

it won't. that's not a value that's intended to be changed. if you really want to fix that, you not only need to delete all xml files, but the library db as well.

please note that that bug we had was from several months ago.

The trouble is I've got a few hundred that are showing as being added in the future (up to 2015) so I can never see what is actually new.

Is the library DB for collections or for the entire MB database? Where is it located?

just change the added values in the xml. 

it sounds like you have some files with timestamps in the future. if this is the case, deleting and starting over won't change anything.

http://www.petges.lu/home/

attribute change will allow you to recursively change the filesystem, and a deletion of xml/library would ensure the attribute is rebuilt properly from scratch.

That's a really cool utility. Thanks.

I'm not sure how I would employ it for this situation though. What do I want to change with the file attributes if I'm just going to destroy the xml/library regardless?

ginjaninja

That's a really cool utility. Thanks.

I'm not sure how I would employ it for this situation though. What do I want to change with the file attributes if I'm just going to destroy the xml/library regardless?

you can change the filesystem date created/modified to ensure that when the library is rebuilt the mb3 date added attribute is not 2015...is that not what you were after

you can change the filesystem date created/modified to ensure that when the library is rebuilt the mb3 date added attribute is not 2015...is that not what you were after

Ah. No, the file attributes are fine, it's just in the written metadata that there is the error.