Content Type Creation

JoshuaAJones

JoshuaAJones

I would like the option to create my own "Content Type" within the system.

Example:  I would like to make a "3D Media" content type so that, when I select movies, it does not mix in my 3D media.

you can already control how content gets grouped into displays. did you take the tour of the web interface when it asked you to? it teaches you how to do this.

syran

I did pay attention to that tour, is there a link or something that explains that?

1) Create a Media folder containing the items you wish to show as a separate group

2) Go to "My preferences" and uncheck that media folder under the "Group these items..." area

syran

Wait, let me ask you something: after creating the folder, don't I have to add it to the library from the settings?

Because what I did was that, created a folder, put my cartoons inside, added it to the library and unchecked the grouping thing, but when i added the folder to the library I had no "cartoons" or custom category, and that's what I meant.

I selected "personal videos" but then the server didn't look for metadata and pictures... I tried to add the folder to the movies section, it worked but I still had the annoying recent, suggested, etc... that I don't want because it puts other movies in the list that shouldn't be there.

Is there a workaround for that?

Oh and btw, I use Kodi with Emby add-on and it doesn't matter how I set it up, the cartoons sectuon doesn't show up, just TV Shows and Movies show up in the list.

Wait, let me ask you something: after creating the folder, don't I have to add it to the library from the settings?

Because what I did was that, created a folder, put my cartoons inside, added it to the library and unchecked the grouping thing, but when i added the folder to the library I had no "cartoons" or custom category, and that's what I meant.

I selected "personal videos" but then the server didn't look for metadata and pictures... I tried to add the folder to the movies section, it worked but I still had the annoying recent, suggested, etc... that I don't want because it puts other movies in the list that shouldn't be there.

Is there a workaround for that?

Oh and btw, I use Kodi with Emby add-on and it doesn't matter how I set it up, the cartoons sectuon doesn't show up, just TV Shows and Movies show up in the list.

Have you explored user preferences? You can control all of that. Did you take the tour when it asked you to? It walks you through this.

syran

No I didn't take the tour, and I don't know hot to see it again, that's why I'm asking :( I'm messing with the settings, and getting very confused... Do you have some sort of a tutorial or something, it would be very helpful

Vidman

Yes there is a tutorial...you skipped it :)

But also each section of the dashboard should have a help button that takes you to a wiki page

Edited by Vidman