Server - Manually Extract Poster/Thumbnail Images...

Dodgy Bob

Dodgy Bob

Hey folks,

In having a reasonably populated Media Folder that is also locked - locked because I know that there is no downloadable metadata for the files contained within, at least not correct metadata anyway - can I please request that we be able to manually extract images from media files to be used as the poster/thumbnail images please? So rather than Emby Server / Metadata Manager doing it automatically in the background on an unlocked Media Folder, we could do it ourselves, when we want and even on a locked Media Folder.

And then further to that, is it possible that this option could be tweaked so that we could possibly be able to select any still within said media file please? That is to say, rather than Emby Server / Metadata Manager just grabbing whatever still happens to be at the 10sec mark (or whatever the Emby Server / Metadata Manager default is) we, the user, could choose the still at 1sec or 1min or 32min32sec, etc.

Please let me know if that makes sense or not!

Kind regards,

Dodgy Bob.

Again, I think changing your media folder type to "Home Videos" will solve this problem.

Maleficarum

While not integrated into the server, I have an app I made that can grab images at whatever point in the file you wish and dump them to a folder of your choice that I use when no images can be found.

• Like 1

Dodgy Bob

Again, I think changing your media folder type to "Home Videos" will solve this problem.

Thanks ebr and I will. I'll be trying this later on today. Will post back in the other thread to let you know how I have got on.

While not integrated into the server, I have an app I made that can grab images at whatever point in the file you wish and dump them to a folder of your choice that I use when no images can be found.

Oh really Maleficarum! Schweeet.

Any chance you could pass it on or is it already widely available to the Emby community?

I wonder if your app is something that could be changed into a plug-in for emby that would give Emby the feature that I am after?

Thanks for passing on the info  :)

Regards,

Dodgy Bob

Maleficarum

It's a bit rough but I'll post it later. It requires a copy of ffmpeg.exe which you'll need to drop into it's folder as I'm not sure whether you can distribute that or not (maybe @@ebr can advise on that).

Happy2Play

It's a bit rough but I'll post it later. It requires a copy of ffmpeg.exe which you'll need to drop into it's folder as I'm not sure whether you can distribute that or not (maybe @@ebr can advise on that).

Many programs use ffmpeg, hell I just searched my computer and found 5 copies for different programs.

Maleficarum

Many programs use ffmpeg, hell I just searched my computer and found 5 copies for different programs.

Lol fair enough. I'll post it in a bit.

Dodgy Bob

Lol fair enough. I'll post it in a bit.

...and I was going to add, surely most everyone who is running Emby is going to have a local copy of FFmpeg somewhere on their machine, so even with some basic doco to say "hey, open Windows Explorer and search C: for FFmpeg.exe and when found, copy the file to where you unzipped my program", surely that would suffice and get folks using it!  :D

Maleficarum

Yeah I was going to do either that or have it pop a box asking you to tell it where a ffmpeg.exe is if it couldn't find one in it's folder but as long as I can bundle it it's not a problem.