Sync not working correctly

AxelAxel3

AxelAxel3

I started trying to use sync about 2 months ago on Windows 10. I never could get it to work correctly, and I since then gave up on Windows 10 because of too many issues so I have went back to 8.1. However, I still cannot get sync to work. It says "Transferring" and is stuck at 50%. Not sure if this is a server issue, or a client issue. 

Server: 3.0.5588.1

Client: Windows 8.1 (Not sure how to find version, but installed it yesterday)

Logs are attached.

Let me know if you need anything else from me!

Client.zip

Server.zip

we'll have to add more logging to the server to figure this out. i have been testing sync recently with the 8.1 app and have not seen any problems.

in the future please limit to 1 client that that was modified during the sync process. I did not even look at the client logs because there's just too many of them.

AxelAxel3

So after letting it sit all night in the same LAN (but on WiFi), it finally said synced. I tried to play it, and it said "This video cannot be played." Here is the directory structure I got:

LocalState

TempSync

FD02452F84E7D36F455DE4C7D41377C8        (1.02GB)

FD02452F84E7D36F455DE4C7D41377C8 (2)   (1.02GB)

Sync

Media

Videos

(Movie Name)

(Movie Name) (2014).mp4 (0 bytes)

Just a few more details.

Edited by alexander7567

saitoh183

So after letting it sit all night in the same LAN (but on WiFi), it finally said synced. I tried to play it, and it said "This video cannot be played." Here is the directory structure I got:

LocalState

TempSync

FD02452F84E7D36F455DE4C7D41377C8        (1.02GB)

FD02452F84E7D36F455DE4C7D41377C8 (2)   (1.02GB)

Sync

Media

Videos

(Movie Name)

(Movie Name) (2014).mp4 (0 bytes)

Just a few more details.

did you change the sync quality? I have had this problem and Luke said to leave the default sync settings. I would remove all sync jobs. Make sure your sync temp folder is empty and make sure all files are removed from 8.1 and delete all 8.1 logs.  Then create a sync job with the movie that isnt working, Close and re-open the 8.1 app to kick off the sync job.

I would also test trying to play the file offiline (deactivate wifi), using MB connect and try using a straight login to your server. make a copy of logs (client and server) in between tries.