Up Convert video??

monkeyslapper

monkeyslapper

Hi there. Just curious... Is there a feature up scale older video, to it some what better? or plugin that does that? Another feature that comes to mind.... Is there a way to adjust options on the top of the screen?? When i click on movies I dont want to have Suggestion to be my automatic first selection. I would like to use Movies instead. or TV to select Shows instead Suggestion.

Great product!

Thanks. 

• Like 1

Nologic

hmm a dev could possibly add such a feature to scale up with Lanczos & Sharpen filters. However there would be a hit to performance...which may or may not be noticable, depending on your system specs...and how much the resize is.

You would be better off sourcing new vid's or using dedicated filter, to batch upsize your current video's.

Video Enhancer (VirtualDub)

Granted the above VD filter could be used with AviSynth to perform faster up scaling...but..that as a feature is unlikely given the additional complexity for setting up the server...plus requiring a plugin that costs money.

skl_mobile

If this would be added as a option to turn on or off, that would be great, as I have some old Earth Final Conflict vids that don't look so well not upscaled.

The end display is also an option as it can use GFX processing power and the server can't.  Many displays themselves offer up-scaling or, depending on the app you are using, things like MadVR can be used as well.