Xbox one app?

Audio Lomb

Audio Lomb

Hi There!

It would be supernice to have an actual app for Xbox One, kinda like Plex.

DLNA streaming from Emby does not work (at all, in my case). I really hope you guys will think about it.

Thank you! :rolleyes:

Claudio

• Like 3

chef

In the meantime @@Audio Lomb between Embys release of an Xbox one app and now. Is there anything in particular perhaps I can help you with to get things working.

I have spent a bit of time getting my Xbox one working nicely with emby and can I could try and help.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Audio Lomb

Hi Chef,

Thank you for your reply!

The "Play To" feature gives me a 500 Error:

554840ec81ae9_xbox.png

Is there anything I should setup besides enabling DLNA?

Thank you!

Claudio

kingy444

while i too patiently await the xbox one app you should try using internet explorer or media player on the xbox oNe

Both are very good workarounds for the mean time

• Like 1

chef

Whenever I get an error like that, ( it is probably some kind of long running task between your mobile and the server which didn't quite complete.) I just refresh the page and re-select the "play to" Xbox one option (it won't be selected after a page refresh) and try again.

That will probably clear up the connection issue, and it will work.

I find that my iPhone will take a bit longer to load folder images in the web UI. If I select a media item before the whole page loads, I receive the 500 error.

Edited by chef

Audio Lomb

@@kingy444. I hope you're not serious about IE on xbox. IT's like watching Netflix on a PSTN connection. Also, media player works, but it's useless if DLNA does not work...

Audio Lomb

@CHEF: Been there, done that. Plex DLNA (yes, I have the free installation, no Plex pass) works just fine, so it's not an XBOX issue. I have paid the lifetime subscription to Emby because I like it better than Plex, but I would expect some more support, and not just "Moral" support.

Come on, I am not the only one here using XBOX One as a Media center. I would expect a working DLNA profile on Emby.

Were I more knowledgeable about DLNA I would try myself. However, the reason I "bought" Emby is because I would like to avoid spending hours in troubleshooting DLNA.

I love Emby, but my patience bucket is emptying out. 

chef

Okay, try deleting your DLNA profile in the server and use either the default profile, or (and I am just noticing it now) the Xbox one profile that is in the list.

If this reset isn't working the. We have a problem, and we will have to make sure the main development team looks into asap.

kingy444

@@kingy444. I hope you're not serious about IE on xbox. IT's like watching Netflix on a PSTN connection. Also, media player works, but it's useless if DLNA does not work...

@@Audio Lomb. I actually am serious. Not sure what your connection setup is, I am running a gigabit LAN so my connection may be better. But I have nil issues watching 1080p content at the highest settings. I use it way more than I use DLNA on the One.

Audio Lomb

@@kingy444. I am on 1G wired too and let me tell you... It's horrible. If you have a full hd movie going, IE on XB1 is unable to keep up.

• 4 months later...

Maybe its the server from your end then? Mine is definitely streaming perfectly

Can you still play smoothly through IE?  I haven't been able to do this since earlier this year.  Emby used to work perfectly through the browser, but has not in quite some time for me.  Strangely, a preview will play perfectly smooth, then when transcoding and a movie from my collection begin playing, it is terrible.  I really wish I could go back to this until the app comes out, however the web interface does not render correctly on the X1 in the last several server revisions as well.

Audio Lomb

I have never been able to play smoothly on my XBOX ONE's IE. It's a terrible experience. I am not using Emby at all on XBOX. DLNA works randomly but most of the times doesn't.

I have paid for the lifetime license but I must say that I am very disappointed so far.

Right now emby is not even running on my PC.

I have never been able to play smoothly on my XBOX ONE's IE. It's a terrible experience. I am not using Emby at all on XBOX. DLNA works randomly but most of the times doesn't.

I have paid for the lifetime license but I must say that I am very disappointed so far.

Right now emby is not even running on my PC.

That's not good. When you say DLNA works randomly, what is it that doesn't work?

Is it choppy playback? Or no media playback at all?

Have you tried to change some of the setting which might help you transcode a stream over network easier?

What are some of the bitrates for media items which don't transcode decently?

Edited by chef

• 3 weeks later...
Deathsquirrel

When will we see a xbox one app. I've see post dating back end of 2013 indicating it's coming...

XBox One support for universal apps isn't out yet...so after that would be my guess.  That system update is slated for November IIRC.

• 2 weeks later...
JeremyFr79

Is there anyone that can send me an invite for the "experience"  gamertag is Abraxis2013.  Thanks in advance

dredrizzah

Hello,

It would be great to have a dedicated Emby app for Xbox One. Currently I'm using dlna to access my media from my console.

dredrizzah

Now after reading more of the posts, are you guys having problems with local or remote access? The only time I had issues, is when my ports weren't open on my router.

So has there been any ETA established on this app? It's basically the only reason for me to keep Roku around, once its here I can just use the Xbone.

Deathsquirrel

So has there been any ETA established on this app? It's basically the only reason for me to keep Roku around, once its here I can just use the Xbone.

No, universal app support isn't yet available on the xbox one platform.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...